Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 155 parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 155 parts
    Posted: February-18-2021 at 12:05pm
Hello,
I have an old Plymouth, Mich Model 155 with leather seals that need to be replaced as well as the air tube. Does anyone know if the new model 25 parts will fit the 155? or do I need to replace the with leather?
Thanks
Ron
ncairman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 8:17pm
Well I thought someone could help, maybe I said something wrong?
Canuck1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 10:28pm
Nope, question is a bit of a "poser" as they say. Perfectly legit question, the guys are probably mulling this one over.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2021 at 11:35pm
The 25 rubber seal diameter is compatible with the 155 but the new 25 air tube is a different length than the 155 (ETA: the 25 air tube is shorter). So, if the air tube is still intact on your original 155 leather seal piston, if it was me, I'd replace the leather piston seal and barrel seal. They're available at a very reasonable cost on eBay. 

ncairman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2021 at 7:26am
Thank you, the leather seal thread is very good information. The air tube is not intact on mine, and it was not in the gun or the shot tube, long gone I guess. I figured I would have to solder a new tube in place, but I had no idea of how long the tube needed to be? If I use a new model 25 can it be cut to length or is it too short to begin with? I had the spring off last night, and it looks like the original copper/brass colored spring which is very strong and in nice shape. This is not something a beginner needed to tackle. I will learn not to tackle something like this one day. Thanks Cobalt
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2021 at 10:09am
The 25 air tube is shorter than the 155, I've added that info above for future reference.
ncairman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2021 at 10:31am
Thank you cobalt327 and the hop up parts I bought from you turned my red ryder and buck into super bb guns. Guess I should have stuck with new models. I will get the old 155 back in action somehow. Thanks
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2021 at 8:07pm
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your BB guns! I remember reading here somewhere that a member had soldered a brass air tube onto his broken leather piston assembly, and he said it was working. I do not recall who it was, though. Nor do I recall any specs on the tubing that was used, if there were any given.

Good luck!

Mark
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2021 at 9:06pm
Hello ncairman. I believe you can find the post Cobalt was referring to here:

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/plymouth-daisy-25-lubrication_topic8280_post42351.html?KW=brass+tube#42351  

Good luck with your project & keep us posted.
ncairman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncairman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Gumslinger Gumslinger wrote:

Hello ncairman. I believe you can find the post Cobalt was referring to here:

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/plymouth-daisy-25-lubrication_topic8280_post42351.html?KW=brass+tube#42351  

Good luck with your project & keep us posted.

Thanks for post and I will continue on with the project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic