Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this really the the "Holy Grail"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this really the the "Holy Grail"
    Posted: March-03-2021 at 9:47pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-BB-Gun-Model-21-Double-Barrel-Sears-1967-Wood-Stock-Holy-Grail/324501993526?hash=item4b8dd37836:g:F8YAAOSwTQxgPAUA

Certainly has an unable to touch price.

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2021 at 9:51am
If I were selling it I would say so.
I would rather have a Plymouth Iron Windmill Co gun.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2021 at 11:33am
I would have thought a $7K "holy grail" gun deserved better photography.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2021 at 1:52pm
Ejwills
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 12:35am
I like a good double barrel, as good as the next guy but I feel the prices on them will soon starting back to a more reasonable price. That's just my opinion.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2021 at 10:10am
I like the double barrels and I have both the Model 104 and Model 21.  In my humble opinion, there is simply no comparison between the two guns.  I think the Model 104 exhibits a better built gun with the bluing and wood, not to mention the fact of when it was manufactured.  If there is a "holy grail", it is simply an exceptional Model 104 with the correctly marked shot tubes.  I thought that 3K was certainly the top of the mark for one of these double barrels.  7K is absurdity!  Just my two cents.

I thought I would also mention that I took a day trip yesterday to the Daisy Museum in Rogers to see the new Red Ryder gun sign mounted to the side of the building.  It is fantastic and makes a great asset to the museum!  Well done!!!!!!

Thumbs Up    
Steve
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2021 at 5:40pm
"I would have thought a $7K "holy grail" gun deserved better photography."

Sometimes it is best not to show too much detail.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2021 at 6:52pm
Haaa!
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2021 at 6:28am
I wonder if the seller got his gun from this gentleman.  

Be Prepared
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2021 at 4:56pm
The eBay Sears Model 21 does have the features of the Sears gun.  First production day stamping, wood furniture, and the cross-hatched rib.  But, I agree with Bavaria55n.  A PIWC first model any day for that money.
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic