Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brother Cobalt is getting internet fame :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brother Cobalt is getting internet fame :)
    Posted: March-15-2021 at 2:16pm
Greetings!  

I know the restoration / modification scene isn't for all of you, but this was a good video on the subject.  And, Cobalt's spring was mentioned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDMj2DZNCxE

The RestOModDaisy channel has a lot of interesting videos, imho. 

Have a great one!
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 1:30pm
A "Cobalt327" spring.  I like that.  Sounds like an exotic enhancement.  Congrats on the publicity, Mark.

I have a Cobalt327 spring in my childhood 1962 Model 99 and it works great.
Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Greetings!  

I know the restoration / modification scene isn't for all of you, but this was a good video on the subject.  And, Cobalt's spring was mentioned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDMj2DZNCxE

The RestOModDaisy channel has a lot of interesting videos, imho. 

Have a great one!

You're correct about the channel.   Worth the time to check it out
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2021 at 8:05pm
Shane's a very talented gentleman, and just about everyone can get something from his videos. All of his custom parts are hand made, including the action he makes that turns a Red Ryder into a reverse cocker like the old Model 27s, etc. Talk about innovation! He even fire blues the Daisys he 'Rest-O-Mods'. It's worth mentioning he only modifies Daisys that are not collector grade specimens. In fact, he makes a point of breathing new life into guns that many folks would part out or scrap altogether.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Shane's a very talented gentleman, and just about everyone can get something from his videos. All of his custom parts are hand made, including the action he makes that turns a Red Ryder into a reverse cocker like the old Model 27s, etc. Talk about innovation! He even fire blues the Daisys he 'Rest-O-Mods'. It's worth mentioning he only modifies Daisys that are not collector grade specimens. In fact, he makes a point of breathing new life into guns that many folks would part out or scrap altogether.

I checked out the reverse cocking video but I must be a dim wit. I still can't figure out how it works.

Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2021 at 10:39am
Airitis,
Probably won't get too many responses on this. I had the priviledge of testing and evaluating Shane's prototype of this reverse cocking "creation".  I was impressed, and am now the proud owner of one of those variations. Mine has an outstanding maple monte carlo stock and forearm, fire blued, model 25 shot tube, and the leather lever.
I can't explain its working better than Shane's video, but can make a few comments on the operation. It does not need to   have the muzzle tipped down to reload like the typical 111 mod 40, and can be shot and cocked  from the shoulder. Shane shows himself firing this gun almost as fast as an automatic. The forward motion of the lever is smooth and effortless and then the return cocking (pulling back) is easy because of the addition of the leather on the lever. Much easier than the model 27.
I don't think very many of these exist, and ....mine will probably never be for sale!
Marv
Marv, NW OH
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2021 at 12:10pm
Marv,
You just gave me an idea.   I'm sure the 25 shot tube is the reason why no tilting of the barrel.   But for an explanation of how the reverse cocking is achieved, I should probably just contact Shane! (Duh)
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic