Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found a BB gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiley-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found a BB gun
    Posted: November-11-2020 at 6:27pm
In the early part of the summer, I was driving down the road, glancing as I do at the trash piles because you never know what you'll find.   At one house, I saw something that looked the end of a rifle stock so I pulled over.  

What did I find? A Red Ryder BB gun.  So I scooped it up and headed home.  There was some rust here and there and some of the screws were missing.   So I called Daisy and found that a complete screw kit was a couple bucks, one was ordered.

After the screws came, I cleaned up and treated the rust, put the screws in and found that I had a working BB gun.  

I'm 62 and have more guns than an infantry platoon but I've never owned a BB gun.  So I set up some targets in the back yard and my college age daughter and I have been having fun shooting in the back yard.  

Sadly, the gun is missing it's commemorative medallion from the stock.  I did find one on line for a few bucks but the shop won't process an order of less than $20 (if memory serves).

Anyway, I'm happy with my find and am looking forward to lots of fun the in back yard.   
Wiley-X View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiley-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2020 at 6:32pm
Mods, please delete.  I posted this in the wrong place. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic