Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's the deal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the deal?
    Posted: October-15-2021 at 1:20pm
Dad gave me my first BB gun (Red Ryder) 75 years ago. I've been buying and selling ever since. Today the post office delivered one I've never before seen. A Daisy Model 660. I found a few on ebay and google has a few references, but the DAISY AIRGUN COLLECTORS GUIDE doesn't mention it. There must be several variants. Mine has a fake hammer, a gold lever, and the "speed load" double barrel. It cracks louder than any BB gun I've ever fired, and when I held it about 12 inches away from a hand full of packing pellets, fired it, and blew them half way across the garage. I stuffed one of those pellets in the muzzle, fired, and completely shattered it. Looked like a mini blizzard. Could this one be a "cork" gun?  Sellers on ebay claim theirs are "VERY RARE", but prices are around $20 and no bids???? 
Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2021 at 1:47pm
There are several versions of the 660 toy gun "pop" gun, some have the ricochet sound and a steel forearm, other have plastic forearms, most are painted blue (at least 2 shades of blue was used) and less were bronze or gold (not the same color). Some with with the faux magazine, others sans magazine. Same for the faux hammer. Silkscreening varied too, from none to "Trail Rider" or "Trail Rider Ricochet".

It wouldn't surprise me if there are other variations as well.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2021 at 4:30pm
Thanks Mark, just now listed it on ebay. Will see if there is any interest. The photos show a few of its "unique" properties.
Marv, NW OH
Rhomsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2021 at 3:21pm
I have one in excellent condition and play with it often. It’s the ricochet version. Friends just love that recoil ricochet sound.
1doublebarrel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1doublebarrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2021 at 10:49am
I have one in excellent condition with bronze paint, ricochet sound and scope like the 104
butch
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2021 at 12:28pm

I have one in bronze paint with gold scope and lever. Under the barrel it says: LOT NO.     12     73
How strange is that?
JohnReidubsP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnReidubsP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2021 at 7:15am
I have a Glock at home. I bought it 3 years ago officially
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic