Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any info on this gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any info on this gun
    Posted: November-21-2021 at 5:02pm
I am brand new to air guns. At 56 I picked up a hobby and I'm loving it. Got this at a yard sale for $25. it is a Sears Roebuck powered by Daisey
Model # 799.10952
pat # 2.758.586 & 3.245.392
Reg # J200694
Any info would be helpful. Does anybody know the year or worth of the gun. It also has a gold metal over the trigger and a wood stock does anybody know how to clean this metal or wood. the metal. It is a Winchester 1894 as far as I can tell from internet research.  Thank You, Joe

This is a link to what it looks like Mine is not a replica.
https://www.bakerairguns.com/product/daisy-1894-replica-centennial-sears/

BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 6:28pm
Not sure what you mean by "Mine is not a replica", but if you as taking about the one on the Baker Airguns site, it is the Sears Centennial air rifle that was made by Daisy for Sears. I think it was sold in the approx. time period of 1969 to 1973. It is basically a Daisy 1894 with an octagon barrel & gold color finish (not paint) on the receiver, butt plate and forestock cup. Should have the words "Centennial Rifle Crafted By Daisy" inscribed on the barrel. Many refer to this model as the "Golden Spike"

Not to be confused with the later version issued by Sears, that was basically the same gun, but with gold paint instead of gold finish. The later one was referred to by some, as the 'Golden Boy"

Operates & shoots the same as the Daisy 1894. If the seals are in good shape, it will shoot in the high 200's FPS range. 

If it does not shoot very strong, there are a number of people that can repair it, or provide you with the parts needed for you to do it yourself. 

I own 2 of them (as well as 2 Golden Boys & 13 other Daisy/Sears/Winchester 1894 airguns), and enjoy shooting them on my 24 ft. basement range. Mine shoot in the 250-280 fps range. 

Based on the S/N you provided, I think yours was made Sept/72.

If yours shoots and is in good shape, you got a great deal for $25. 

Good luck with your collection. If you are interested in expanding your old west replica airgun collection, please feel free to contact me for some suggestions. My western replica airgun collection now stands at 38 air rifles & pistols. 

Joe1966 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 9:24pm
Hi BB1shooter
I said mine is not a replica because the link I left was a replica. Thanks so much for the info .In the last 3 months I bought 3 Air guns. (pistols)I also bought the 1984 and the crosman 760 Add today I receiver my adult Red Ryder witch I love. Your right the 1984 is not powerful but the seals are good .I might change them down the line. Just got Also A Gamo swarm Maxim 1.77,Its a lot for Just a few months. Cant really shoot the Gamo in my yard. I live in Las Vegas in a residential neighborhood. I need to find A place to shoot>I see some people shooting in Nevada desert but don't know a good spot yet.

Thanks' Joe
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2021 at 7:41am
BB gun shooter
Interested in your 1894/western collection. My e-mail: mbfgdn@bright.net
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic