Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buyer beware:Toy Tent repro Daisy RR arrowhead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buyer beware:Toy Tent repro Daisy RR arrowhead
    Posted: November-29-2021 at 12:33am
Just a heads up to fellow collectors. Toy Tent has another one of their repro Daisy RR arrowheads listed on ebay with a canteen. 
Daisy Pete
undertaker View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 10:19am
How do you know its a repro and why would anyone go to the trouble of reproducing these?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 4:50pm
While you are waiting for Daisy Pete to reply, here's a thread that may help: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/red-ryder-arrowhead_topic9890_page1.html?KW=arrow+head
Daisy Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2021 at 9:46pm
Quite a few years ago they were going for crazy prices and today still go for a decent price. Look up a post from earlier this year by "Iceman" to learn more. "Iceman", "panther1", and I have all purchased RR arrowheads from Toy Tent thinking they were genuine. Upon close examination it's apparent they all came from the same mold because they all exhibit the identical distinctive characteristics. I'm quite confident in my assertion that the Toy Tent RR arrowheads are repros. They should sell them as such!
Daisy Pete
Rhomsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhomsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2021 at 11:46am
I believe I have an authentic Daisy arrowhead. I did not buy it from tent. On the elevated figures show wear and worn spots. Around the necklace hold shows a little discoloration and wear. I have the original newspaper ad from the 1950s. I believe I paid $85

Willing to share photos and welcome comments

Thanks
Rodger in Cincinnati
clarence e. hughes j View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarence e. hughes j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 3:15pm
i would think they were made by a 3d printer jus my thought

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 11:32am
There'a an arrow hwad being sold on ebay with an average condition model 104, starts at $225.00 plus shipping. It is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165484515592?hash=item2687a55108:g:f7MAAOSwtNFigkiy

I am not saying whether it looks legit or not simply because I do not have enough experience to know one way or the other. Maybe someone with experience has an opinion they would share?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic