Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leather seals for 111-40.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leather seals for 111-40.
    Posted: April-03-2022 at 12:50pm
Thanks cobalt for your help, I have one other question at this time, I noticed that there are two leather seals plctured one has a small hole , one has the large diameter. There was only one worn out leather seal on the air tube I removed. Any thing I need to know about this. ? Thank u.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2022 at 5:25pm
The seal with the small hole seals the air tube (the small hole ID matches the air tube OD) and it sits against the abutment at the end of the compression chamber inside the gun. This seal may be called the "abutment washer", "abutment seal" or "barrel seal" depending on who you're talking to. I use barrel seal myself and will continue to use barrel seal here. The abutment is the steel ring that the shot tube screws into. It also forms the end of the compression chamber.

The other seal with the large hole is the one that fits onto the piston assembly. I call it the piston seal.

Usually the barrel seal will not come out of the gun without being removed- it adheres to the abutment and stays put when the plunger assembly is removed. But it is possible for the barrel seal to come out when the plunger assembly is removed- it will be stuck to the piston. This is seen more often with rubber seals, but it can happen with leather seals, too. 

If you are replacing the barrel seal, you need to clean any remnants of the old seal off of the abutment before installing the new seal.
Kenjo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenjo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2022 at 6:44pm
very well explained , will let u know how it all comes out.  thank u  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic