Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No. 40 Daisy Military Shot Tube Spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No. 40 Daisy Military Shot Tube Spring
    Posted: February-03-2023 at 2:58pm
I bought a No. 40 Daisy Military rifle a few months ago.  I was going to test fire it and discovered that the shot tube is missing the spring that feeds the BB's.  Someone told me that a spring from a Model 25 shot tube would work.  Would anyone have a shot tube spring they would like to part with?  I would also appreciate anyone's opinion that indeed a Model 25 shot tube spring would work in the No. 40 shot tube.
My email is on my profile page.  Thanks

Star 
Steve
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2023 at 12:08pm
STEVE,  SENT YOU AN EMAIL.  
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT A MODEL 40.  I ALWAYS ASSUMMED IT WAS SUCH AN EARLY GUN IT WAS DESIGNED FOR LEAD SHOT, AND HENCE THE SHOT TUBE DID NOT HAVE A BB RETAINER SPRING, LIKE THE EARLY MODEL 25s....???
rick
Aim Straight
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2023 at 12:26pm

I assume you mean the long round spring that you compress to load the bb's. If so I think the spring from a model 25 would work. The shot tubes from my early (1917) model 25 and model 40 are identical. 
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2023 at 1:00pm
Rick

That is an interesting point.  I do believe it does take the lead shot.  I never considered it may not have ever had a spring.  I do have another model 40 first variant and it does have a spring in the shot tube.Star
Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic