Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Mod 1894 - slow BBs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alselec53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Mod 1894 - slow BBs
    Posted: August-18-2016 at 8:36pm
I have a vintage Daisy model 94 spittin image BB rifle. And I believe there is a fix for when BBs come out real slow. Can somebody help with this? I heard if they sit a long time the plunger or something gets stuck? Also is there a good place to get parts?
Any help,
Thanks,
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 10:23pm
Did you try putting 10 or 15 drops of transmission fluid or 30 weight non detergent oil down the barrel and letting it set for a an hour or so with the barrel pointed up? Give that a try then shoot the gun 10 or 15 times and repeat the treatment. That should help if things are just gummed up or BBs are rusted in the shot tube or everything is just dried out. Al
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 9:31am
Had some that were doing that but didn't help.I then left them in the half cocked position for a couple of days and they shot pretty good.Not back to full power but they shot about 20 feet
Stevec
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 10:13am
I can't get the gun to stay in the half cock without holding it there. I have done the oiling in the full cocked position which brings the air tube right down to the bottom of the shot tube. That puts the oil right where it should be but the cocked gun would have to be set where kids couldn't accidently pull the trigger. I've put a couple of holes in a wall myself. Al
alselec53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alselec53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:43pm
Hi so I guess just getting it oiled worked?

I have a couple vintage Daisy spittin image Model 94 lever action BB rifles. The BB comes out real slow, which is common on these guns if they sit for while. I guess the tube narrows and the plunger eventually won't make its way to the front causing BB to sometimes almost just drop out the barrel. Do you have these replacement parts? I will look too. Do you know any other solutions for this? Any info on my model 94 would help. Restoration info too.
Thanks,
Al Davis.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 6:54pm
The oil thing worked for me, if it didn't help you then I believe it's time for a rebuild. You need to Google "Daisy Parts". That will get you Dennis Baker, JG Airguns and many more parts dealers and repair people.  Then Google "Daisy Model 94 Spittin Image Rebuild" and you will find step by step instructions. Al 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic