Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 74 Semi Auto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 12:45pm
Just saw a Crosman 73 for sale, says recently resealed and wants $60 for it. The gun looks pretty good and seems to be complete. One thing, the ad mentions "Crosman 73 with .177 loader in good working order". What is ".177 loader" referring to?

ETA- I think it's the pellet loader that being talked about. I hadn't thought about the 74 shooting pellets too.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 2:21pm
Admit it, Burgh! All air guns are Gateways. I never owned my own BB gun as a kid (even though Ralphie looks like my clone). But a few years ago I got a Red Ryder. Then I wanted a Buck, then a Winchester 11 and M14, then a model 25 like my big brother had when we were little, Then some older ones and wide frames, then a 499, then...., then...., then....

Add in a few pop guns and Crosmans and I'll soon need an intervention. The thing is, I have no intention of slowing down. I may change course but it's FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!   
Air-It-Is
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2018 at 7:35pm
Cobalt, yep, there's a section on the gun that slides up to allow for loading a pellet at a time.  It is a bit of a trick to load with fingers, but any pellet pen makes it an easy proposition.  I didn't notice a huge increase in accuracy with pellets (because mine is crazy accurate with bbs), but I did find that using heavy 177 pellets I could flip targets like the Auto-Quad Airgun Target at 15 yards! They hit with enough force that the reset target worked too!  Oh, and $60 is a fair price, IMHO.  I got both of mine for $40 ea, but they both needed resealed.  

Airitis.. well, I agree for the most part.  But I've definitely noticed that some guns prompt side purchases more than others.  For instance, I bought my Peacemaker before the new line of holsters was released.  Sooooo, I wound up buying a "real" peacemaker holster.. a nice black tooled one with the gunfighter drop, and a mess of loops for spare ammo.  Well, then I had to get more Peacemaker "bullets", because you can't have all empty loops, right?  All my action handguns have at least one spare magazine, if not two.  And, well, then I had to get some holsters so I could carry the gun and the magazines, right?  Then I could practice tactical draw, handling and reloads!  Ah, back when I had a budget ;)  Did I mention I don't really have neighbors?  :)  But, most of the long guns don't really need accessories.  Most of the time with long guns all I needs is extra bbs in those bic pen bb holders.  

I know, I have a disease. :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic