Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daisy Model 25 Centennial Edition Combo NEED HELP!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 25 Centennial Edition Combo NEED HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote train222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 25 Centennial Edition Combo NEED HELP!
    Posted: February-26-2017 at 5:24am

Daisy 1986 Model 25 Centennial Limited Edition Collector's Combo Sets ​(A True Time Capsule!)

I Need Some Help!

At a recent gun show, I ran across a gentleman that was selling a pair of the Model 25 Centennial Collector's Edition that was issued in 1986. I already have one of these rifles in my collection. Upon further inspection, I realized that each rifle had a Centennial Filled BB Ammo Box Attached to it, in a special Sleeve and then the Ammo Box was shrink wrapped to the end of each rifle box. So there where two separate combo sets.

I have never seen a Centennial Combo set offered for sale before!

​The gentleman that I purchased these sets from, told me he found them in the bottom of a closet in his Grandfathers house that he was getting ready to put on the market.

The two sets where wrapped together, with clear tape and had A Walmart Layaway tag on it from 1986. Then they spent the next 31 years sitting in the bottom of a closet! The boxes where never separated and they where never opened!

I searched the Internet until I was blue in the face and having no luck at all finding any info on these two sets.

My last resort was to contact Daisy. I reached out to the Daisy Museum First and I was refereed to Joe C. Murfin who is the V.P. of Public Relations for The Daisy Outdoor Products in Rogers, Arkansas...

Joe is sort of the company historian for questions like this. He told me he was not aware of any type combo set. I sent him the photo's and he told me he would look into it and see what he can find out for me.

Joe had his secretary take the photos and show them to some of the Daisy Ex-Employees that worked on the packaging line in 1986. None of the employees had any knowledge of this combo packaging.

He told me he thinks that these might have been a proto-type package design for the Walmart Stores that never came about...

This is a true Mystery and a true Time Capsule.....Why would anyone purchase two of these sets on Layaway and then Never Open Them!!

If anyone has any information about these combo sets, I would surely appreciate any information that you can send my way....
I am having a problem posting pictures on this site. Please go to my web site, click on Air Riles at the top of the page and scroll down and you will see the story and all of the picturesabout this true Time Capsule....
Web Site: mrgunsplace.com

Thanks,

​Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
train222@aol.com
215-969-0726
Stu Gabriel
train222@aol.com
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2017 at 7:34pm

I hope there's someone here who can help, they sound interesting! FWIW, Daisy isn't foolproof when it comes to ID'ing BB guns. Recently someone came up w/ a model 104 w/a Thunderbird decal, even found another example mentioned elsewhere. But Daisy claims it doesn't exist.

HERE is a post about posting photos, maybe it'll help.

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2017 at 7:19pm
Pretty cool looking set. There are lots of reasons why life may have gotten in the way of this person's plans for these two guns. I've had a couple of these nice 25's unused and in the box. Both were opened and neither had a box of BB's with them. That said, I'm not sure that some kind of prototype would have gotten all the way to a Walmart layaway desk. The look and marketing on the boxes seems pretty finished to me. In any event they did not make a whole lot of the Centennial 25's. And many may not have survived in original condition.....as yours certainly have. Seems that some did come with wood boxes of BB's. Here's a link that sheds some light. 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1230002802/Daisy+model+25+centennial
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2017 at 8:41pm
I agree with Stuart that these guns did come with the wood bb boxes. I don't know that all did, but certainly some did. The one I have came with it, though it was not attached to the box, it has been opened and I think it may have been fired as well, possibly by Daisy's own Orin Ribar. It was his after all.

Here's an image of a store display that I hunted down. Hopefully this works...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic