Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 25 pump shot tube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leelxc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 25 pump shot tube
    Posted: March-03-2017 at 8:08pm
Just discovered my old 25 that I believe is from the late '50's or early '60's. Tried to load BB's in the tube but they just flow through. Not sure how to address so lm looking for any help fixing
John in N.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 8:24pm
Sounds like it's missing the shot retainer spring. They're still available from some parts suppliers.
leelxc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leelxc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 8:28pm
Hate to sound like a newbie but is that an actual spring or the wire hat runs along the base of the shot tube.   I ask because the wire is there and I'm not sure if that needs to be adjusted
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 9:02pm
It is a wire spring, kind of oddly shaped. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 9:14pm
A wire, yes. They can be adjusted (bent slightly) to put the tension back on the leading bb. Between the spring and the air tube it needs just enough tension to hold the bb in place but not too much as the air tube has to slide by when firing without encountering a lot of interference. It's simply a "tweaking" operation as a rule.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2017 at 11:23pm

JG Airguns and others have the wire retainer if that's the problem.

leelxc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leelxc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2017 at 7:32am
This spring is in place and I be is working as designed.   I may have not been clear enough in my original post. The BBs role out the bottom end of the tube where it screws into the barrel. Does the spring address that as well or is it some type of gasket or washer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in N.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2017 at 11:04am
No, the bb shouldn't be able to pass through the threaded end. It's smaller, just enough to allow the air tube entry. It sounds like the hole has enlarged somehow. You might be able to shrink it slightly by tapping it flush with a light hammer to close it in a bit. Keep testing the opening with a bb until it won't pass through, just don't over do it. Good luck.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2017 at 12:19pm
May be time to buy a new shot tube from Daisy, $12.00 plus shipping. If yours is as worn as it sounds, the new tube will increase velocity and in all likelihood help accuracy. You might order a few other parts at the same time- barrel seal, plunger head, shot tube and pin come to mind- to help offset shipping costs.

Should you want to try peening the original shot tube, do not get carried away- the air tube has to be able to enter the end of the shot tube.

MODEL 25:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic