Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help: BB stuck in the Safety button.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help: BB stuck in the Safety button.
    Posted: March-28-2017 at 3:12am
I have a Daisy 880 that has a BB stuck in the Safety, so I can't de-activate the safety and use the gun. Can anyone help me know what to do to fix it?

Here's what it looks like.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 6:28am
That's the small ball bearing detent that holds the safety in position. It has a spring behind it. Usually it's not seen like you show it unless the safety is OFF, so there may be something amiss. You could try using a small diameter probe to push the detent ball back towards the right side of the gun to pop it back into its proper position- but if the ball has gotten out of it's hole and the spring is in the way, it might be difficult to push it back in position.

If all else fails you may end up having to split the receiver. Ordinarily when the receiver is split the safety would be off. If you split the receiver, remove the right side of the receiver that has the bolt first, hopefully that'll help from shooting the safety and spring across the room. I've heard some people working inside a clear plastic bag to keep parts from flying away. But if you're careful you should be alright.

You can order a new safety below if it's needed. Safety kits are listed for both US and China so be sure to get the right part. If the receiver has damage, you can get the receiver half w/safety, China only.

donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2017 at 8:11pm
Thank you. I'll give that a go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic