Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Scout Model 75 (1959-1962)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Scout Model 75 (1959-1962)
    Posted: June-20-2017 at 5:37pm
  I just got this Daisy Scout Model 75 (1959-1962). I liked it because of the custom walnut stock that someone made for it. I have a few .22 and .32 caliber rifles from the very early 1900's that are similarly shaped. Wouldn't it be nice if Daisy (or some handy individual) would offer stocks and forearms, as an option, that were made out of wood. I like the old classics with their plastic handles but the newer every day shooters would seem less like a toy and I think the wood really looks nice. Some of you guys, like cobalt327, are beefing up some of the newer guns by drilling out the air tube and adding spacers behind the plunger springs. A more powerful gun deserves a more dignified stock. If anyone takes the bait here, I would like to see you post some pictures.  Al

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 9:07am
The Red Ryder and Model 10 have wood stocks that will fit most lever action Daisys. The Red Ryders need a curved lever, the 10's use a straight one.
For adult sized stocks Chief A J used to offer them on his version of the Red Ryder.
I had a couple of older guns with homemade stocks that don't look anywhere near that nice.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 3:23pm

Below is a comparison to show the difference in LOP. Red Ryder top, aj below. The photo below that is a model 104 wearing a RR stock over the aj stocked Red Ryder. The aj stock increases the LOP from the factory 13-1/2" to 14-7/8". I had to redrill the holes on the aj stock to get the fit correct. More on fitting it HERE. 

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by almyjmoore almyjmoore wrote:

I just got this Daisy Scout Model 75 (1959-1962). I liked it because of the custom walnut stock that someone made for it. I have a few .22 and .32 caliber rifles from the very early 1900's that are similarly shaped. Wouldn't it be nice if Daisy (or some handy individual) would offer stocks and forearms, as an option, that were made out of wood. I like the old classics with their plastic handles but the newer every day shooters would seem less like a toy and I think the wood really looks nice. Some of you guys, like cobalt327, are beefing up some of the newer guns by drilling out the air tube and adding spacers behind the plunger springs. A more powerful gun deserves a more dignified stock. If anyone takes the bait here, I would like to see you post some pictures.  Al

That stock reminds me of old black powder shooters. Like the wood, too.

almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 7:39pm
I really like the looks of the adult size stocks. They really improve the looks of a plastic stocked Daisy.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 8:25pm
This is one done by hinz57 over at the High Road forum. He also designed and built the scope mount, it's not finalized yet. More at Post #380. Oh, and this one shoots 413 fps average!

almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 10:30pm
I like it. It's got to feel good to be able to take an inexpensive gun and make it look and perform at a higher level. I'm  going to start by attempting to make my own stock. If that works out, I'll try to improve the velocity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic