Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanted to Buy Early 1938B Rear Sight Elevator Ramp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted to Buy Early 1938B Rear Sight Elevator Ramp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted to Buy Early 1938B Rear Sight Elevator Ramp
    Posted: September-29-2017 at 12:42am
It's thin and different than the newer and even some pretty old 1938B's. I don't even have one to show. I have one 1938B and one 1938A with a very thin rear sight groove. The newer ones are definitely wider and do not fit.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2017 at 6:00am
You might try Dennis Baker- https://www.bakerairguns.com/. He has done restorations of the 1938A-B for willielumplump, thread- http://forum.daisymuseum.com/red-ryder-model-1938ab_topic4907.html 
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2017 at 8:23pm
Got one! I had a guy reply to my "I buy old bb guns" add on craigslist the other day. I went out to his place and bought...

A nice Sheridan Blue Streak that has a rocker safety, not sure where that dates it yet. Shoots great. EDIT: SN dates this one to 1972, the first year for serial numbers. One of the first 3500 made that year.

A decent Sheridan Silver Streak that needs re sealed. Again, rocker safety. EDIT: SN dates this one to 1985, the last year for these guns and probably one of the last ones made with a sn of over 534000.

A nice Crosman Fury. Blah to me, but it was cheap. Supposed to shoot great.

A Model 95, kinda rough and missing the rear sight elevator (same type as I was missing on my 38A). Strong shooter. 

And lastly an extremely rough Model 95B. Luckily it had the same rear sight as the 38A AND still had the elevator! Not sure if it shoots yet, but I do know it looks terrible!

I have seen the Sheridans before and was a little interested in them, but wasn't planning to buy any. Since I felt like it was a good deal I bought them. I am quickly falling in love. It doesn't hurt any that after researching, I think I got a screaming deal!
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2017 at 12:24pm
Interesting to wind up with one at each end of the production run.
Gary
oneandgone View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneandgone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2017 at 10:32pm
I thought so as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic