Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wards Hawthorne Daisy Skeeter Pistol Outfit Cork
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wards Hawthorne Daisy Skeeter Pistol Outfit Cork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clouwho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wards Hawthorne Daisy Skeeter Pistol Outfit Cork
    Posted: July-28-2018 at 11:37am
I just found this forum after searching the internet for months and finding no information about this toy that I have had forever.
I am assuming anything that can't be found on google must be rare.
The exterior of the box says Wards Hawthorne Skeeter Pistol Outfit Daisy Cork Ball Pistol Outfit.
Inside are a Daisy .177 Target Pistol, little skeet shooting house, target that fit in hoop and load into the house, rubber tubing and squeeze ball to launch target (mechanism works, but rubber has degraded..imagine one could use any new squeeze bulb to bring this toy to life), corks (unopened package as well as opened corks), instructions and reorder booklet, and of course, the pistol.  Everything works except the degraded rubber bit.  The creamy white plastic has pulled away from grip somewhat.
All in all, a great vintage toy/collectible from Rogers, AR.  Guessing early 60s but would love to know more about this toy.

Many thanks to any who can help me.

RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2018 at 4:33pm

Wards - Hawthorne Daisy cork pistol outfit

Skeeter Pistol Outfit

Daisy Cork Ball Pistol Outfit

No. 89 06 1314

Not sure on year, as near I came up with was
1961-1965 ?
problem is my docs in the box
 "Instructions,1959 Rogers, AK"
so I still don't know. At first I thought it had two guns in it and one was missing. After seeing yours I am convinced it had only one.

the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2018 at 5:44pm
That is so cool! You guys are the only ones on your block to have one of these. I'm sure that the rubber tubing can be replaced. They make surgical rubber tubes in many different sizes. I have bought them in at least three different diameters. I used to be into making my own slingshots. BTW I have had good luck putting the mounted grips in a padded vice and heating them up good with a hair dryer. Then leave them in the vice for a day. I have gotten the separation down to about 1/16 of an inch that way. Good luck.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2018 at 7:12am
I have replaced the rubber bulb with a new one. same size and works well. The one thing I still would still like to find, is an original ad in a Wards Catalog. The 1959 Christmas Catalog is supposed to have the ad for this set in it, but I have never seen a copy to prove this statement.
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2018 at 1:03pm
Found a Wards Catalog with a Ad for this set. Tried to post photo, but Photobucket is down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic