Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Squirt-O-Matic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squirt-O-Matic
    Posted: December-25-2018 at 12:40pm
I saw this on the 'bay and considered buying it (BIN $33.45 TL) but decided not to- don't need to start a toy collection- but it IS kind of neat!

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2018 at 8:40am
I have one that is still a nice bright blue, must have never been used as a squirt gun.
Today the idea of a steel water gun seems strange.
You can use them as a 'clicker' gun without water.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2018 at 5:54pm
That's neat. Daisy seemed to have been very innovative back then. They had good marketing too, unlike today. Nowadays I don't see ads for a Daisy product anywhere. No new products to speak of other than the ready made "collectables" that are often similar to regular production guns w/a slightly different stock treatment or some other superfluous addition. There have been a few limited production Daisys that I think are excellent but no real innovation coming out of Rogers these days. I was actually surprised to see the 1938B AAR but too bad they don't sell just the gun- it's packaged as either a shooters kit (still shown as Temporarily Out of Stock) or with a regular Red Ryder and shooting glasses, targets, etc., for $100 plus shipping. Sell me the gun alone for a fair price and I'd get at least one. But not going to pay for add-ons that hold no interest to me.
End rant, sorry.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 9:30am
Cobalt, let me add on to your rant.

Those ARR's seem to be nothing more than a longer stock on a standard frame. I agree that nothing new has come out of Rogers in a long time. Even the comemoratives are usually issued from the Daisy Museum, not the company. I often wondered if this a result of GAMO's influence. And I also agree that their advertising is nill. It's like the PC crowd has forced them to go underground and off of the radar!
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 10:40am
I believe you are right about the AAR. I suppose Daisy is content selling their Red Ryders and Bucks by the container ship load through WM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic