Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One VERY Twisted Air Tube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2019 at 9:23pm
   Next time you have a stuck one from sitting for many years take some ATF and mix a little acetone in it and pour about 1/4 to 1/2 ounce into the BB feed hole like the old 1938 with the button cover, which should soak the threads.  Let it sit standing up in the corner over night, it should penetrate through the threads and maybe release for you.  Even if it was a model 25 or like this one you can stick the end of the barrel into about an inch of the liquid and it will fill the barrel to the depth of the liquid and then stand it up right away and it will wash down the barrel.  This makes a good penetrating oil.
Keep On Plinking
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2019 at 10:18pm
That's a good tip.  Thanks for the technique.

Have you tried this approach and had success with it?
Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2019 at 12:13pm
Actually yes. I am interested in it. I may be able to use the threaded end. Let me know if you plan on discarding it. Thanks. ;-)
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 4:24pm
Hi Russ,

I have a Model 25 tube that is twisted and not usable.  Not as bad as the one in the photo.  If you still need a muzzle cap, let me know and I can send it to you for postage.

Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic