Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winchester Model 12 BB shotgun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winchester Model 12 BB shotgun
    Posted: July-25-2020 at 3:12pm
Anyone see one of these yet?

Anyone know anything about it & if it will actually be available?

Is it made by Daisy under license with Winchester?

Do you think it will be a more modern version of the Daisy 25?
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2020 at 11:45am
I saw it mentioned here a while ago, but I've not heard anything about it since then. To me it looks like it is a new design that incorporates features from other Daisys from the past and present. I'm basing that on the way it holds a quantity of BBs on board that are able to be loaded into a spring-assisted 12 BB magazine. Closest thing to that loading system I can think of off the top of my head is the Daisy model 74 CO2 repeater, with the sliding door for loading quantities of BBs that's used on  the new Red Ryder/Buck/etc. for loading the main reservoir. It looks like it uses the trombone action similar to the Buck Jones 107, but that's just a guess. The problem with that is the cocking effort isn't helped by any built-in mechanical advantage, so if it were equipped with a hefty spring, it might be hard to cock. With advertising like "The Winchester Air Rifles Model 12 Pump BB Gun makes the perfect first gun for any youth, says Daisy Outdoor Products...", it makes me think it won't have a strong spring, if that matters.

Regardless, it looks cool as heck and I wouldn't mind owning one, even if it was shooting 250 fps. First thing I'd do it take it apart to see what makes it tick!

ETA- I see the specs say 350 fps, but in my opinion their ain't no way it will do it. No more than a new Red Ryder will, also advertised as "up to 350 fps" in some of their ad copy.
daisyaddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2020 at 3:41pm
Good to see Daisyi s still is still in the game . Nice idea if it ever comes out .
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2020 at 6:02pm
Cool toy.  My wallet is waiting for this one!
Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic