Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Bullseye B-B's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2019 at 11:08pm
There's a whole chapter on air rifle shot in the new Daisy encyclopedia. My book is gone, if anyone here has one see if it mentions anything about them. Here's a pretty cool way to get gold color on Cu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g_ml8tAnWE
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2019 at 10:32am
I just got some info about these BB's from the Daisy Museum.

They were made only from 1966 - 1967. They were brass plated and specified for match competition. Each one was made to be perfectly round with no flat spots.

Needless to say, these will never be put through any of my guns. I'm not a competitor and I have thousands of BB's to plink with. Seems like I'll need to find a good treasure spot for 'em. :-)
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2019 at 11:48pm
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2019 at 11:20am
I have two different styles of cartons for the Golden Bullseye BB's.
One is the tube style the other is a milk carton style carton which is marked Jaycees sponsored official target shooting program.
Both styles have the brass style bb's with no flat spot on them as most of the copper coated bb's do that I have.  I had never looked at the Bullseye that closely to see they had no flat spots.  I guess I should pay more attention to what I collect.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2019 at 2:32pm
I have some of these Daisy BB Golden Bullseye Tubes
 listing as 5.45oz and they appear gold or brass color, but one pack appear to be more steel, and I am able to pick them up with a magnet.
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2019 at 6:27pm
According to the Daisy Museum, all are plated over steel so even the copper and brass colored ones will react to a magnet. If they were not steel, the magnet in the gun would not hold them in place.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic