Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gun value

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun value
    Posted: February-28-2013 at 7:56pm
Hi there I have a daisy gun year 1919

NO. 16
Daisy MFG CO.
Plymouth Mich. U.S.A.
Pat Aug 17 Dec 17

this item has signs of rust. The pump action is operable, however I am not sure of the status of the trigger. The sling is completely in tact and in remarkable condition for its age. Please note that I do not have any corks. How do I determine value?
dennisschn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisschn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 9:08pm
dont under stand question gun is up for auction on ebay i have a bid on it not sure a value just no it came with a bayonet yours is missing see where it goes i put a good bid but didnt hit reserve on it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisschn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 11:18pm
i would be carefull of this auction as they came in here asking questions about it then after i posted about it being on ebay i went in put a higher bid on it meant the reserve at 175.00 then they cancil the auction i will report them to ebay tomarrow it had 4 bids on it no buy now nothing saying for sale localy kinda funny you just dont let it run withbids on it they must think they have cal gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisschn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:34am
they emailed me saying the reserve wasnt high enuff want b.s like i said they think they struck gold
Trish787 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 9:57am
First of all you don't know how to spell or write so it is very hard to take you seriously. Second of all. eBay ended the auction because we didn't meet the gun lusting requirements anyway.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 7:06pm
It is poor form to use this site to find a value for the Daisy guns you are trying to sell somewhere else. As you can see, your patrons are the people you are asking for advice. To answer your original question, a gun is worth exactly what folk are willing to pay for it in the moment...and nothing more.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Trish787 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 7:43pm
Is this a site that people sell on? I thought this was a conversation forum? I had no idea it was in poor taste to chat about guns on a gun site.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:09pm
It is not poor taste to talk about selling Daisy items; that is one of the purposes of this forum.

But it should be understood that anyone offering to suggest a price is taking a reputational risk.  There are many things to consider: age, condition, model, collectability or just plinker.  And if someone suggests a price and you get screwed, well, you can see where offering an opinion on a price can be problematical.

eBay has anal concerns about firearms and BB guns; they have even pulled cap gun listings that do not conform to their listing requirements.  And you have to be careful not to mention firearms or BB guns when transacting business via Paypal.

A problem with easy communications is that once you click on the enter button, you have cast the dye; research is the key, the more you know, the less emotional you get and the more reasonable you become.

We find a lot of enjoyment discussing various issues on this forum, there is an extremely knowledgeable audience willing to help with Daisy related issues, so.....don't get discouraged.

I have found the DTF tp be extremely helpful and cooperative.Tongue

Amen
Semper Fi
JCE3000GT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCE3000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

eBay has anal concerns about firearms and BB guns; they have even pulled cap gun listings that do not conform to their listing requirements.  

This is maddening.  I tried to sell my Powerline 400 at one time and had my listed removed (thankfully).  I still have it and now have decided to keep it.  But I have a problem with not being able to more easily buy Daisy BB guns since eBay is so damned anal about this stuff.  I cannot even get a harmless Marksman 1010 on eBay!  And I'm also after getting some of those too...

Anyway, I digress and return the topic to normal operations.  :)
Trish787 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trish787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:20pm
Willie!!! God bless u for being nice! First one..... Thank u!! I appreciate the friendly dialogue!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic