Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me identify a new rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me identify a new rifle
    Posted: January-08-2021 at 7:33pm
I just got a little piece of Daisy history in the mail, I just don't know what piece it is! Can anyone help me identify this gun? Unfortunately the writing on the barrel is virtually unreadable. All I can make out is the Daisy logo and the Michigan address.

Dan Sherman
(I still haven't shot my eye out)
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2021 at 10:52pm
Hey Dan welcome to this site.

I believe you have a Daisy No. 3 Model B 1000 shot Variation 6 or 7. Made approx. 1914-1915.

Distinguishing features include a nickel-plated frame and barrel (looks like someone painted yours black), sheet metal rear sight and metal butt-plate fastened with brads. Hope this helps.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2021 at 11:58pm
Hi, Dan... I think Zipper28 (sorry do not know your name) may be correct on his/her information..
It looks like a No.3 Model B.  I see a patch below the barrel and the riveted/brad butt plate look right.
I think if you remove that black paint you would see the markings pop out and you could be sure what you have.  It looks coated with old black paint that is why you can not read anything.  I bet it is there under the paint.  Easy to remove.
Here is parts list for model B, may help you to identify and/or restore.  
Rick

Aim Straight
windmill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windmill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2021 at 9:32am
Thank you both so much. That is an enormous help. The "cap" part of the shot tube at the muzzle end comes off. Forgive my ignorance, but it should be attached to the rest of the shot tube, correct? 

I'm assuming it's broke and the shot tube just come out with it, or is there something I'm missing?
Dan Sherman
(I still haven't shot my eye out)
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by windmill windmill wrote:

Thank you both so much. That is an enormous help. The "cap" part of the shot tube at the muzzle end comes off. Forgive my ignorance, but it should be attached to the rest of the shot tube, correct? 

I'm assuming it's broke and the shot tube just come out with it, or is there something I'm missing?

Yes. The cap on the shot tube should be fastened. It is what you turn to remove the shot tube.   Sometimes it can be reattached, depending on your expertise.
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2021 at 8:58pm
That's a very cool gun, Dan.  Where did you find it?
Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic