Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP !!!!! Model 25 I.D. ????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP !!!!! Model 25 I.D. ????
    Posted: April-09-2018 at 1:49pm
Just now talked to the folks at DAISY MUSEUM. They are "searching", but have no encouraging info.
Here's what I have...
a Daisy Model 25, Plymouth, Mi., 5 different Pat Nos, 6 groove wood forearm, wood stock with 18 grooves in butt, adjustable rear sight, hunter with dog on both sides of receiver, a very "light" blueing...absolutely no signs of rust, discoloration or any blemishes on the metal.
The gun cocks and fires with full force. The BB travels with full speed, power and distance.

Question:???? How do I load BBs into this gun? The shot tube is easily removed but I've never seen  a tube like this one. There is no groove with spring loaded tab and opening to load. It is a "SOLID" metal rod with screw threads on the receiver end, and a 1/2 inch depression on the muzzle end...I can stick my little finger 1/2 inch into the muzzle end of the tube.  The tube appears to be a golden colored bronze material, and the 1 inch long fixture on the muzzle end appears to be aluminum.

I drop a single BB into this depression and the gun fires perfectly ????
So, did Daisy ever make a single shot Model 25, or is this the creation of some very gifted gun smith?
Everything on the shot tube looks "factory" .

HELP !!!!!
Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 3:45pm
Could be the shot tube used to shoot cork balls. I'm not familiar w/aluminum shot tube ends but there were nickel plated ones.

Click on image for link to page:

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 3:53pm
This is one example of the sets it came in, click on image to go to more photos:

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 4:41pm
WOW !!! THANKS Cobalt 327...
That's a perfect match...my shot tube is the one pictured on the far left.
So...I have no corks...and will at present call it a" single shot BB gun muzzle loader".
Wonder how long I will have to search to find the wooden box????
I assume any older style shot tube will work for BBs???
Thanks again....I'm going to forward your answer to the experts at Disney Museum.

Marv, NW OH
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 8:15pm
Any 25 shot tube should work.....even the modern ones. You could look for that box for the rest of your life and not find it without buying the whole shebang. Sounds like you have a basic "1936" model 25. Made from 1936 to early 1950's. Nice find!
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2018 at 9:27pm
As Fuse said, the current production model 25 shot tube (part number 169866-000, $12.00 plus shipping directly from Daisy) will work just fine. The only difference is the new shot tubes come with a plastic end plug, but the upside is the shot tube itself is a better design than the old style by my way of thinking. The new shot tube uses a magnet to locate the BB instead of the wire spring/retainer. The new tubes obviously haven't been subjected to 60-plus years of wear and tear either, and will give good accuracy and velocity along with a long service life.

Daisy contact info:

Alana Arntfield
Daisy Outdoor Products - CSR
800-713-2479
aarntfield@daisy.com

New style bottom:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic