Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with idenification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rule4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with idenification
    Posted: November-01-2019 at 8:33am
I picked up a bb gun at an auction yesterday for my collection and I'm not really sure who made it. Its very old and was in a lot with a Hamilton that I was not able to get. I was wondering if it may an early Daisy, manufactured by Hamilton in Plymouth Michigan. The auction gallery had no information on the gun and it has no markings on it anywhere. It was something I hadn't seen before so I bought the mystery gun.

It appears to be nickel and the pump mechanism is similar to a bicycle pump on the bottom with the barrel above it. 
Attached is a photo of the same gun I found online while trying to research it... The one I have is the gun on the bottom. Unfortunately the photo I did find was from an old auction and provided no information. There is a small medallion over the trigger on the one in the photo but mine does not have this nor does it look like it ever did.

Anyone here have any idea of what this is?

oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 9:47am
Early Benjamin. The top looks to be a Benjamin MODEL 600  and the bottom one Model E or F ?
any lettering on the rifle ?

Ejwills.
Ejwills
rule4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rule4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 10:00am
Thanks for the quick response Ejwillis!

It has no lettering anywhere that I can see, even used a pair of drugstore cheater glasses haha. It looks like it was designed to be a take down rifle... there is one thumb screw just forward to the trigger the releases the barrel from the stock.

I'm happy to have a lead to research.

If this is against forum rules posting other gun manufactures I understand if the moderators pull the thread.

macrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 11:43am
I have two Daisy BB guns that I need help identify.
Model H , wood stock Pat dates July 30-01, Nov 3-08
Model 25 pat  no   1,097, 244   last no  1,573,889  (total of 5 pat. numbers.

Both rifles are in used condition, but have extensive bluing on the metal.

the third rifle has a stamped metal lever with a front sight at can moved back and the BB loaded--probably not a Daisy

I believe that all three rifle came from an estate and probably date between 1910 to 1920,s
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by rule4 rule4 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Ejwillis!

It has no lettering anywhere that I can see, even used a pair of drugstore cheater glasses haha. It looks like it was designed to be a take down rifle... there is one thumb screw just forward to the trigger the releases the barrel from the stock.

I'm happy to have a lead to research.

If this is against forum rules posting other gun manufactures I understand if the moderators pull the thread.

I'm not sure but I think if you look at the breech cap there could be an identification.  

One place you might enjoy is American Vintage Airguns https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/americanvintageairguns/

rule4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rule4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 4:51pm
Your absolutely correct, I cant believe I missed the writing on the end cap!
Its a Benjamin Model F
Thanks guys.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 5:00pm
Very cool old gun and thanks to Cobalt (yet again) for sharing his expertise and encyclopedic knowldege. 
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 8:20pm
Thank you Cee. Knowing where to look is one thing, but knowing what it is by sight- like oldwizzer- is quite another! Maybe someday, but I'm just not there yet. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic