Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to make a cheap plunger tool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 12:05pm
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Along the way I found that I prerred to put the tool on the table, put the gun onto the tool,and push down on the gun. That way I have a hand free to put in the anchor, and the spring loaded barrel is completely under control. I'm definitely not saying it is the right way to do it, just offering another way to do it.
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 1:08pm
Putting the tool on the table and pushing down on the gun sounds like a very good idea. I will give it a try next time I work on a RR!

Thanks for the tip.
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 1:48pm
For me the tool on a table or vise as well. The old factory pics show the guns in a vise during spring assembly but they must have been nicely padded with a stop out on the end. I'd be very nervous clamping a gun in any vise for the simple fact I'd probably warp or buckle the metal no matter how "calm" I went on the tightening step.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic