Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to rebuild a 1938B Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to rebuild a 1938B Red Ryder
    Posted: November-29-2011 at 1:31pm
Where can I get parts to rebuild a 20 year old Red Ryder ?
SNAKEBIT
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2011 at 1:43pm
Call Daisy at 1-800-713-2479.They sell all the parts for the model 1938b and their prices are real cheap too
stevec
bumthum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumthum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 8:38am
Daisy has everything but the plunger assembly and plunger spring, more or less.  They sell metal cocking levers for around $3 and all the screws/nuts for around $3 as well.  Never bought a stock from them, so I dont know how much they are, I would guess they are reasonable.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 9:44am
Funny,the parts list they emailed me shows they sell the main barrel and plunger for 12.00. Brought the front sight,loading gate,forearm band,loading plug and some screws for like 5.00 and 3.50 for shipping.
stevec
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:51am
Hey Jeff, I have some parts for a 1938b and I sent you an email. Just let me know what you need and if I have them I will send them to you if you pay for the shipping.

Tony
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 7:02pm
Steve, did you buy that gear from Daisy, and if so how long ago?  How can I contact where ever you bought the stuff?
semper fi
bumthum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumthum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 8:37pm
The parts list they sent me had those parts too but, when I called to order, I was told that a lot of parts were sold off and that the plunger spring, etc. was no longer available.  Perhaps the plunger it's self is still available but I was given the impression that the assembly, spring, and other involved parts had to be purchased from a third party.  I did end up ordering a lot of parts from them and thought they were easy to deal with overall.
***Edit***  I just called them again and you were right, those items arent available as seperate parts (which is where my confusion came in), but they are all included with the main barrel (1938 MB)...  I ordered some more things while I was on the phone.  Those people are seriously good to deal with.***
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 9:18am
Hey Will
Sorry,didn't see your post till now.Look at my earlier post and you will see the Daisy number listed for parts service.Brought the parts about a month ago.I didn't need any plunger parts so I didn't ask about them,just noticed on their parts list that they had it listed. Seems funny they would sell eveytthing but the main parts that make the rifle work.Seems as they still make the rifle that they would still supply all the parts
stevec
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 3:46pm
I see jg airguns sells stuff for the 1938b but their cost is high and their shipping is unreal.If you brought just the seals, they are 20.00 and the lowest shipping they have is 12.00.For that price you might as well go to Wal-Mart and buy the whole rifle and use it for parts.Can't understand why 2 little rubber seals cost 12.00 to ship and they also add another dollar for small orders meaning it will cost you 13.00 to ship.Might see it for a real rare item but not a 1938b
stevec
acmebeer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmebeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 11:38pm
Try Brian and assoc.com. They have a lot of parts for Daisy's.
Dan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic