Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a fair price?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a fair price?
    Posted: April-26-2019 at 4:43pm
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 4:46pm
I am far from an expert, but that is about 10x what I would pay for a BB gun.  That's just me.  That is a low production gun in mint condition with a nice box, so that certainly helps on value.

Do an eBay search for other completed models like that to see what they have sold for.
Be Prepared
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 4:59pm
Who ever bought it thought it was. If you have the bucks and money isn't relative then price doesn't matter ! Do I think its a fair price ? NO !

Ejwills
Ejwills
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 6:34pm
I agree with oldwizzer. If a willing buyer and willing seller agree on a price with all relevant information disclosed, then, by definition, the price is "fair."  Perhaps the buyer could fnd the item at a lower price somewhere else, but perhaps not.

It sounds like those guns are pretty scarce and we can only assume that someone would pay the asking price if that someone valued the gun more than he/she valued $1,620 cash and all that it could buy. 
Be Prepared
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 7:33pm
I agree with oldwizzer as well. That said, 1.6K is three times more than I feel it's avg. worth is. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
keenkutterrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 9:38pm
I just sold a Cody Buffalo Bill for $1200. They are very rare. Only 700 made, and the only place you could buy this gun, was the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody, Wyoming. I've been collecting Daisys for 35years, and I've seen 3. These are not to be confused with the genetic Buffalo Bill Scout. Daisy made upwards of 350k of those. They are common. The Cody Buffalo Bill is not. You never see a Cody Buffalo Bill for sale. Just offering some info.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2019 at 9:41pm
That is very interesting background on these guns, Rick.  I enjoy learning facts like these.  Thanks for sharing this history.
Be Prepared
BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2019 at 10:07pm
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2019 at 10:35pm
And the seller has a bid at the $800 open.  
Be Prepared
keenkutterrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2019 at 10:46pm
I'll be shocked, if it sells for $800. We'll see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic