Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a fair price?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 1:22pm
That same seller thinks very, VERY highly of many of the supposed 5,000 airguns he has.

On a somewhat related note, seems I've been doing it all wrong- I fix Daisy guns then sell them. I guess I should take them apart instead and sell the parts! (aka "how to sell a ~$50 model 25 for $400!")
BB1Shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 3:44pm
Ronno6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronno6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by BB1Shooter BB1Shooter wrote:

How about this one. Is this a fair price for a Daisy 179?

Listed for $2,135. Unclear if it is one of the last 700. Did not see a certificate with gun or in box.

\
Folks need to be wary of that seller.
She shafted me on a 900.
I paid her price on buy it now. She shipped, then actually had the Post Office
reverse the shipment at my PO !! (Said she mixed up 2 shipments.)
When she (supposedly) received the 900 back from the incorrect recipient, she said the magazine was missing. I told her I didn't care, and asked her to reship.
She wouldn't ship w/o the mag..................
She refunded my $$$, so no loss.
Then, when she said she finally got the mags (after mail sorter "put them in the wrong PO box for a week.....yeah, right) she said she would re-list. 
That was a week ago...no relist as of yet.
I have always theorized that she got a better offer on the 900, so she recalled it!
She received negative feedback from me..........
Most bizarre ebay deal ever!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 10:01am
Only 41 recorded feedbacks and already two dingers- not looking very good for that seller! The other was a neutral feedback for what sounds like the same thing- basically reneging on a sale. And on ebay a neutral is same as a negative when it comes to computing feedback scores. 
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 12:03pm
A few years back Daisy found some model 179 pistol parts they had and put a number together and  made a special production run. I believe they may have been sold through the museum but not sure , they were less then $100.
Ejwills.

Ejwills
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2019 at 3:40pm
[QUOTE=oldwizzer]A few years back Daisy found some model 179 pistol parts they had and put a number together and  made a special production run. I believe they may have been sold through the museum but not sure , they were less then $100.
Ejwills.

I bought 4 of these and they were sold through the Museum however, they were over the $100 price.
I have two in the safe with the sales slip and can tell you exactly but I know it was over the $100.
I am thinking it was $125 plus shipping.  I believe the Museum was granted all the sales funds from the limited sales.
I bought 4 and gave the kids one each at Christmas that year and still have the two left.
The number they sold was 700 and came in a special box with a certificate which indicated they were the last parts Daisy had and there would not be any more made.
I would like to think they are worth what they were listed on Ebay for but I do not think so.
I would sell both of mine in a nano second for that kind of money.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic