Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this guy crazy??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this guy crazy??
    Posted: February-09-2019 at 5:26pm
It has been completely messed with. The most valuable parts (original sling and bayonet) are repops. Jeepers!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Daisy-Military-Model-40-BB-Gun-w-sling-custom-bayonet-TESTED-BEAUTIFUL/223379446367?hash=item340273da5f:g:ilcAAOSwd5xcXwsx:rk:10:pf:0
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2019 at 5:43pm
Wow!!  Amazing.  He really should have let it alone, but it's too late now.

Maybe some uninformed buyer will show up.

Never hurts to ask, does it? 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2019 at 7:49pm
More collectables from the same pick a daisy site as the beater 40 is from (using the term 'collectable' rather casually. There are a few nice guns but the bulk of what I saw were not "museum quality", more like middle of the road eBay type fodder for the most part) https://pickingadaisy.com/

I shouldn't talk disparagingly about someone's collection but when they list something like that 40  for $3K, you have kind of left yourself open for critical review.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 8:56am
Wishful thinking and marketing.
The 40 isn't that rare a gun. Among the military Daisy's the 140 is more difficult to find.
If you open it up to the whole line of Daisys there are many other rarer more desirable guns.
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Bavaria55n Bavaria55n wrote:

Wishful thinking and marketing.
The 40 isn't that rare a gun. Among the military Daisy's the 140 is more difficult to find.
If you open it up to the whole line of Daisys there are many other rarer more desirable guns.

I sold a 140 recently for 65 bucks. It had the sling and the ammo box cover in the stock. It was far from mint but it was a good shooter.
RD Davis
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 4:53pm
The Model 140 only came with a wood stock and forearm.  It does not have the compartment in the stock with the sliding door for ammo.  With all due respect, I think you may have sold a Model 141 or 142.  They had the compartment in the stock with the door.  However, their stocks were "plastic".  Both models came with a sling.    
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 8:27am
Yes, a big difference between the 140 and 141/142 in looks and rarity.
The 140 had a 'bolt' like a bolt action rifle that served as a safety.
It may have ben the first safety on a Daisy BB gun.
The forearm also went almost to the muzzle like the model 40 but it was a two piece stock.
I think it was the first model to use the 'wide' frame.
Gary
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Iceman Iceman wrote:

The Model 140 only came with a wood stock and forearm.  It does not have the compartment in the stock with the sliding door for ammo.  With all due respect, I think you may have sold a Model 141 or 142.  They had the compartment in the stock with the door.  However, their stocks were "plastic".  Both models came with a sling.    

You're right, it was a 141.
RD Davis
snackpak1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snackpak1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2019 at 5:42pm
I saw this the other day myself. My personal opinion, at that price, is yes. Not saying it isn’t nice but the price is WAY off for a reconditioned, incorrect sling & bayonet. At least he was honest about the bayonet in the description.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2019 at 1:23pm
Just noticed the same seller the fuse mentioned in the OP is selling a copper Red Ryder for $2K. I sold one almost as nice recently, but I can tell you I didn't get anywhere near that for mine! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Red-Ryder-BB-Gun-1st-Model-1940-Cooper-Bands-Great-Shooter-Tested/223389747626?hash=item34031109aa:g:9KMAAOSwE1tcZIoq:rk:4:pf:0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic