Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JC Penny 1894 stagecoach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JC Penny 1894 stagecoach
    Posted: August-10-2020 at 10:12am
Just saw this listed on E bay .
Is this legitimate?
Seller says modified however it only appears that someone added leather to lever handle .
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 11:07am
Doug, could you provide the link. Could not find it on eBay
Doug52 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 11:12am
Was listed as rare daisy model 1894 European export .
Doug52 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 11:18am
Looks like it has sold
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 12:03pm
Well that was quick. I search "Daisy 1894" last night on eBay & did not see it. Must have been listed & sold in a few hours. 

If you have it in your eBay search history, or recently viewed items, please send the link. 

But if it was bogus, it many have been removed. 
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 12:10pm
Daisy did make an 1894 for JC Penny. And it was called the "Stagecoach" edition, as it had a diagram of a stagecoach on the receiver. Most came with wooden stocks, that made it very rare for the earlier 1894's. 

I did once see one with plastic stocks on eBay, but it may have been modified by someone.

Others on the forum have discussed the JC Penny 1894 at length. But briefly, from what I recall, it was only on the shelves at JC Penny for a short time. A gun incident happen shortly after it was introduced (possibly President Reagan was shot) and they were removed from the shelves. So it is a very limited edition. 

MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 1:24pm
I have the STAGECOACH model with the plastic stock and forearm. Bought it on e-bay back in February and sent pics to cobalt for him to post on the forum site...."A collection of 1894..."
Lot # D805328
Marv, NW OH
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 1:43pm
Marv, did you find out if it came with plastic stocks from the factory, or were they added later. 

Are the receiver & lever plastic or metal?

Were there 2 types of the JC Penny Stagecoach 1894's one with plastic & one with wood? I was told they only came with wood.

Anyone know what happen to all of the Stagecoach editions, once JC Penny took them off the shelves?

Did they end up in Europe, or in surplus sales?

Thanks
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2020 at 2:52pm
Don't know for sure, but the plastic sure looks original. The receiver is metal...
Just now put 10 BBs thru it...they traveled with what I consider full speed, distance, etc.
I suspect it still has original seals...???? is that possible????

Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic