Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just picked up a Daisy 200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2021 at 2:20pm
After considering it a bit more, 'redundant' isn't accurate. It actually is an elegantly simple solution for preventing dry firing when the 5-shot magazine is empty. Not to mention it being a gotcha to a million users, so you are in very good company! I think my bias comes from dispising automatic safeties that are being used on more and more airguns, but this isn't the same thing. With those, the safety has to be taken off for each and every shot. The 200's magazine safety only comes into play when the gun isn't ready to be shot.
pelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2021 at 6:12pm
   I am done with mine and will part it out.  The pin is damaged and I lost the stupid brass seal thing. I dremilled up the frame on the inside trying to fit my homemade cartridge holder. The frame is good outside and the plastic valve pieces look good. Grips are not cracked but one has paint specks on it. It doesnt want to fire off even though the trigger moves, during gassing off. Im not gonna waste money if it wont fire.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2021 at 11:49pm
Keep it as parts, I've gotten a lot of these shooting like new from other parts guns I picked up over the years, Keep your eye out for Daisy 1200's, I just converted this 200 to that piercing system, it shoots better than some new pistols. They are good challenging little projects, they come up cheap because no one wants to fix them. 

pelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2021 at 10:50am
Congrats to Leatherlung on success and apologies for messing your post like you didnt do on mine. IDK what to do with mine. Congrats to FREEBIRD too. All I wanted was that piercer and asked JG but after, loosing my parts, I needed to pay some exchange fee. I spent a lot of wasted time trying to make something and I'm upset at the failure
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pelle pelle wrote:

Congrats to Leatherlung on success and apologies for messing your post like you didnt do on mine. IDK what to do with mine. Congrats to FREEBIRD too. All I wanted was that piercer and asked JG but after, loosing my parts, I needed to pay some exchange fee. I spent a lot of wasted time trying to make something and I'm upset at the failure

Don't feel bad, some I can fix, others I put in the parts bin.I have one I put back together in almost new condition, if I put to heavy of an elevator spring it locks-up, to weak of a spring it goes into full auto mode. These are oddities of a gun, with a lot of design failures as well, I suspect they tried to make them maintenance free with all those hard seals and shooting mechanism.Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic