Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leather seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leather seals
    Posted: May-21-2016 at 7:55am
Anyone  here sell the leather seals for the old Red Ryders or know where I can get some
Thanks,Stevec
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 9:48am
Hi Stevec.

JG has them:

http://www.jgairguns.biz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=78_186_192&products_id=11536

Vince
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 8:07am
How many do you need Steve? I have a few home made ones that work great. I can send you one if you need it. Just let me know.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 8:38am
Hey guys
Thanks for the info and offer but was able to make one.Had a piece of leather about 1/4" thick and took a 7/8" hole saw and cut out a round piece and drilled the center hole out with a 3/8" drill bit then sanded it smooth and let it soak in some ATF (auto trans fluid).Installed it and it worked great.The only problem was it cleaned out all the old sludge in the barrel and cloged the shot tube up. Cleaned the shot tube and it shoots great. Hey Tbird, were do you buy your leather at.
Stevec
Tbird View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 10:18am
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

Hey guys
Thanks for the info and offer but was able to make one.Had a piece of leather about 1/4" thick and took a 7/8" hole saw and cut out a round piece and drilled the center hole out with a 3/8" drill bit then sanded it smooth and let it soak in some ATF (auto trans fluid).Installed it and it worked great.The only problem was it cleaned out all the old sludge in the barrel and cloged the shot tube up. Cleaned the shot tube and it shoots great. Hey Tbird, were do you buy your leather at.
Stevec

Actually I didn't make them. The last time I went to Dennis Bakers shop I got a few off of him. I imagine you could cut up an old leather belt.
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 11:12am
Stevec, that's exactly how I make mine. I am going to invest in a leather punch set in the future. I get my leather from a saddle maker that sets up a booth at my local antiques fair. It is the 1/4 thickness that is right for these seals. JG charges way too much plus 11 to ship is more than I pay for a load of leather.
Be Independent!
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 4:13pm
Hey Josh
That is so strange that we both did it the same way.I was sitting in the garage and was just thinking how to make one and the hole saw idea came to mind,thought, hey it's worth a try as the old one ain't working.Guess you gotta do what you gotta do lol. I  have enough material to make 2 or 3 more if I need them
Stevec
RedRyderUSA View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRyderUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2016 at 11:33pm
Good deal man. We had the same idea and it works like a champ.
Be Independent!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic