Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Listing for a Legacy 2201 on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Listing for a Legacy 2201 on ebay
    Posted: February-23-2019 at 3:47pm
For those who may not remember, this model is a .22 rimfire rifle. Verboten to sell "real" guns there.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2019 at 5:48pm
Interesting and creative description:

".22 cal pellet rifle."

Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2019 at 8:18pm
I don't believe it's a pellet rifle. The designation of "S. L. LR." refers to the rifle's ability to fire short or long or long rifle rimfire ammunition. Nowadays most 22cal. firearms are made to fire long rifle rounds. In the past the other two lengths were equally as common.

Or, did a I miss a bit of sarcasm there?
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2019 at 8:21pm
Now it's showing as being sold. If he really did sell it, chances are he's also unaware of the federal requirement to ship to a FFL. If dude gets caught mailing a gun to a non FFL, ain't gonna be pretty considering the current social and political climate...
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 1:32pm
This is a 22 cal. Firearm.
Ejwills
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

I don't believe it's a pellet rifle. The designation of "S. L. LR." refers to the rifle's ability to fire short or long or long rifle rimfire ammunition. Nowadays most 22cal. firearms are made to fire long rifle rounds. In the past the other two lengths were equally as common.

Or, did a I miss a bit of sarcasm there?

Yes.  Total, 100% sarcasm. 

No such thing as a .22 pellet and certainly the S(hort), L(ong), L(ong) R(ifle) gives the game away.
Be Prepared
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 6:46pm
Daisy made a bid to have it classified as an "airgun" due to the fact that adiabatic heating ignited the round. Interesting and weird firearm but still a firearm. Not a particularly good one either. I'll take my Henry .22 lever action over it for looks and function any day. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 6:47pm
.22 pellets? Sure are. And .25, .32, .357.... .50

I only have .177 and .22 but the others are all out there.
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 8:56pm
That's good to know.  I learned something today about pellets.  Any day that you can learn something and it doesn't cost you any money is a good day.

Thanks, Airitis!
Be Prepared
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 9:03pm
You're welcome. You should see how much USELESS information I've accumulated over the years. ;-)
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic