Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

making rear sight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: making rear sight
    Posted: May-11-2017 at 2:53pm
i have a daisy model 25 and at some point i broke off the rear sight Cryi'm not sure how but i'm leaving to go to my cabin which i can not order things to on friday, so my thinking is i'll fabricate one at my cabin or tonight the only problem is i don't have any dimensions so is any one would be willing to take the time to give me the dimensions for it i would greatly appreciate it.  
Daily shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 3:03pm
Think I might pull up some pictures of the 25 until one clearly showed the rear sight. Search Daisy No. 25 on Yahoo.
Should be hundreds of pictures from all angles. Let us know how that went.
tedx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 3:21pm
i did that its good for getting the shape and look but i would like dimensions solid numbers. but thanks

ps. you do know chrome is a thing right ?  
Redleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 9:31pm
I have a 70s vintage 25 and a new one with the peep.  Is your 25 one of these?
I'll measure it right away if yours is like either of mine.
Redleg
Model 25
Model 880
Redleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2017 at 9:46pm
I wasn't doing anything right now so I guessed that my older 25 is what you want dimensions for.

Length 2.5 in.
Width 3/4 at rear tapes toward the front with is nearly pointed.
The notch windage adjustment portion is 7/8 from front near the elevation screw the upward rear
notch bend.  The height of the bend is 3/8".

I made a metal square and drilled a 1/8" hole for a peep and JB Welded it to the original rear sight.
This helped my aging eyes shoot the gun a bit better.

Hope this helps.  If you need more data, let me know.
Redleg
Model 25
Model 880
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic