Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marx/Daisy toy gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marx/Daisy toy gun
    Posted: December-13-2018 at 9:11pm
Thought this was kind of neat/strange. Has to be based on a Daisy or built by Daisy for Marx.

Does anyone know how the smoke was generated?

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2018 at 8:13am
Interesting. Did not know Daisy (apparently) made guns for Marx. Also a variation I don't remember seeing. Looks like a 960/pop gun frame and the trigger and lever screws have been replaced on this one?
Thanks for posting. will be interesting to see what people know about it.
Gary
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2018 at 10:35am

Marx Toys made several toy guns as a company, and not made by Daisy!

I have in my collection the M-14 Army style, plastic and realistic looking gun made by Marx, and it has the Marx logo.

The smoker gun does have the look of a Daisy, but may have been made by Marx. 
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2018 at 3:42pm
Wow. That one is a new one on me too. It sure looks like a Daisy product. The box says made by Marx but I wonder if that means that they sub-contracted to Daisy for the product. Even the stars on the lever mount resemble the ones on the Western Auto guns.

I wonder if it had been taken apart? I've seen other such toy guns that had been riveted together. This one has obvious bolts except for the stock is riveted. The picture on the box is just an artist's impression and not accurate, still, I'd love to get my hands on one. It's the kid in me.
Air-It-Is
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2018 at 5:13pm
To me this looks similar to the Model 97 Ricochet Sound Daisy bb rifle.
The forearm looks just like it and is the echo chamber for the sound.
The horse on the stock does really add to it.
I would also like to have one as shown in the photo.
Neat Piece.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2018 at 9:36pm
Looks sort of like the Daisy 660 on the bottom:

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2018 at 9:43am
I think you nailed it. Great research. Would be interesting to see what is stamped on the frame.
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2018 at 12:20pm
I think that looks just like the "Annie Oakley and Tag Golden Smoke Rifle". I don't have one but the picture looks exact except for the horse stock. Even the rear cutout of the metal is the same shape. What do yinz think?
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2018 at 12:25pm
To me, the thickness of the trigger is also the same. But then, there have been so many variations.....
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2018 at 3:06pm
Talk about a fancy pop gun- this 967 has to be right up there w/the fanciest!

Unfortunately the Marx gun was from an outdated auction. The 967 is on eBay.

Airitis, I believe that Annie is a 967. Here's one from the interweb: 

Here's another- even has the same silkscreening as the eBay gun:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic