Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 107 Trombone Action Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 107 Trombone Action Pump
    Posted: July-17-2017 at 10:18am
I had a Model 107 Trombone Action Pump that I sold earlier this year.  It was in pretty good condition, and it was an extremely hard shooter.  I somewhat regretted selling it, therefore, I bought one in absolutely pristine condition.  The problem is, this new one seems to me to be smaller/shorter than the one I had before.  I know this sounds crazy.  My research revealed that the gun should be 36" in length.  Mine measures at about 34 1/4".  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Perhaps someone could measure their Model 107 to confirm and resolve this question.  Thanks!  
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 12:24pm
Steve, I have one that is about 34 1/4".
Pat
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 2:22pm
Thanks Pat!  I guess it is as it should be.  Why they advertise it at 36" is still a mystery to me.  Oh well, it is what it is! Star
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 3:45pm
Steve, I remembered I have another one and I checked its length and it is about 35 3/4".  The difference is in the length of the stock. The longer one is older and has the Daisy pledge on the butt of the stock.  
Pat
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 3:56pm
Ah ha!  Maybe the one I sold was an older one and that is why I thought it felt bigger.  I thought that the years may account for some type of difference in size.  Although this pristine 107 is extremely nice, it feels more like a small child's version of a bb gun.  Oh well! 
Thanks Pat!  This information certainly help resolve my question.
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 8:23pm

I have a 107 pump gun Plymouth Mfg. which is 36 inches  
Reg. No. D216961

Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 11:45am
Thanks Louie!  My newly acquired 107 has a REG NO. of H121552.  I have not researched the year manufactured for that number. I certainly did not know there were different lengths in stocks for the 107 until now. Never too old to learn!
Star
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 11:48am
Pat

Since you have both models, are the rest of the parts the same length and size?  It seems like the slide bar for the pump appears smaller than the one I had before.  It may just be my imagination.  Thanks!
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 18 minutes ago at 2:07pm

Gentlemen:

I would examine the stock closely, as I have never seen any variation with a shorter stock than the 36 inches. 

According to the Encyclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns by Gary Garber, the Model 107 Trombone was made in Plymouth in 1958 and in Rogers until 1964. All of these guns were made in April 1958, just before Daisy moved to Rogers, AR.

All advertising indicates the stock is 36 inches long. 
Louie LeMaster
Vietnam Veteran 67-68
tatankatoo@aol.com
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 42 minutes ago at 2:43pm
Louie,

I have measured from the tip of the barrel to the butt of the stock and it measures 34 1/4".  On the bottom side of the gun, it measures approximately 9 1/2 inches from back of the trigger housing/receiver to the butt of the stock.  By the way, this is the 107 with box that sold on ebay from Will's collection.  It can be seen in the sold category for fxtoys.  There is no obvious reason for me to believe that this is not all original.  It is an extremely nice example of a 107.  This is perplexing to me. Thanks! 
Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic