Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 141 defender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 141 defender
    Posted: June-18-2012 at 8:28pm
Looking for a Daisy Model 141 defender in excellent condition with original sling.Smile
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 3:48pm
I have several, but no sling.
semper fi
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 6:08pm
I really need one with the original sling, however, I may get back with you if I can't find one.  Thanks!
halelauncher1940 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halelauncher1940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 1:57pm
I have one with the sling. If I can help, let me know. I'm looking for the leather sling for the Golden Eagle. Thanks. Halelauncher1940.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 2:04pm

I just found your reply.  Sorry!  Yes, I am interested.  Please let me know how to contact you for more detailed information about your 141.  Thanks! 

Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2012 at 4:50pm
I have begun to narrow my collection upon the defender series ie 40, 140, 141 and 142 models.  Do you have any of these models or especially the original bayonet(s) or sling(s)?
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2012 at 6:03pm
If no one responds to your search, I have both Daisy Model 141, and 142 specimens;  also, a scarce, rare over-stamped 142,  variation 1 (see Gary Garber's "An Encylclopedia of Daisy Plymouth Guns," page 269)which obviously is a transition model between the 141 and the 142; as was Daisy's custom, if they had a surplus run of stampings, and they shut down production of a particular model, they would use up that surplus and over-stamp prior stampings; mine has the |||||||||||||||||||||| which obliterates the words "Forced Feed";  also, the last 1 in 141 is over-stamped with a 2.  This occurred in 1953 only, and no one knows how many were produced.  I have been haunting the auction sites for 3 years on an almost daily basis, and have NEVER seen one up for auction.
An additional rare feature is that is  has a blued frame, and no registration numbers; the registration numbers began on the 142 in February, 1953;  then beginning in June, 1953, the frames were no longer blued, but painted.

Which leads me to the correct conclusion my over-stamped model was manufactured during the first month of production which was January, 1953.

I obtained mine through what can only be described as a fluke.  I was on BBgun something or other, a talk forum and some one asked a question about a Daisy air rifle that he had and descriibed the markings.  He said it was all rust covered, and the stock was held on by a nail running through what turned out to be the stock to receiver screw holes.. He also indicated that it was inoperative.  I offered to buy it and gave him a price, a month later it came to me from Custer, Washington.

The blued metal surfaces cleaned up spectacularly well, looks new; I put some original hardware from another 142 to fasten the stock to the frame, and I do believe, what with the passage of time from 1953, i have a one-of-a-kind that is not likely to be seen anytime soon.
semper fi
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2012 at 9:41am
In case anyone is interested,there is a 140 sling for sale on ebay.Has a couple of days to go,2 bids now at about 11.00
stevec
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2012 at 2:33pm
I saw the one on ebay and I have one just like it on a Model 140 that I own.  It has come to my attention that it is unclear if indeed the "original" sling had the metal snap shut buckle like the one shown on ebay or if the "original" sling had a slide type of buckle that is like one on the Model 40 sling.  There is a Model 140 on Gun Broker now that has the slide type of buckle on the sling and I have the tendency to think that it is the correct style of buckle and sling.  I am pretty confident that which ever buckle it came with, the sling was kaiki in color and a little thicker than the Model 40 sling.  Can anyone add their expertise on this issue?  Thank you for your response williepumppump.  I am really interested in an original sling for a Model 142 and an original bayonet for the Model 40.  Thanks!  
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2012 at 9:29pm
I believe the original sling has the slide buckle, rather than the later snap kind (such as the Model 99).  I have had a number of 140, 141, and 142's.  Those with slings all have the same military web style sling with slide buckle.   However all of the slings are a military drab green color rather than khaki (sp).  I've seen a goodly number of these at gun shows and the ones with original slings all had the same color.  Just one guy's opinion. 
daisybbgunner@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic