Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

model 225

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10220maher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model 225
    Posted: September-25-2008 at 1:32pm

when was the 225 made and any info on this would help

thanks

oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 1:59pm

Daisy mod.225

There were actually two mod.225's.Daisy mod.250=mfg.1971-10974 made in Scotland- imported by Daisy..177 cal.-wood stock- Blue Book 90%=$40  95%=$90

Mod.225 manuf. 1991-1993,  plastic stock, 90%=$40  95%=$50.Blue Book value are only a guide.

Hope this helps.

Ejwills
dan_house View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_house Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2008 at 6:53am

so the 225's are a varient of some sort of the 25?

cool. a quick seach of the Web shows a few. No I may have to get one.....

dan

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

The lunatic fringe of American Airgunning
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 8:34am

Hey Dan: A few days ago I acquired a new in the plastic wrapped semi carton/box Daisy Model 225. 

It isn't as strong a shooter as the  pre 1960 era Model 25 's; of course I pulled it out of the box and fired it up, not bad, a fun gun. 

I have been wondering if "Did the sales of the Model 25 fall off?" that caused Daisy to go to a different style pump gun or just a marketing strategy to keep pace with competitors.

By the way, did you ever get a Daisy Model 225?

Semper Fi
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by willielumplump willielumplump wrote:

Hey Dan: A few days ago I acquired a new in the plastic wrapped semi carton/box Daisy Model 225. 

It isn't as strong a shooter as the  pre 1960 era Model 25 's; of course I pulled it out of the box and fired it up, not bad, a fun gun. 

I have been wondering if "Did the sales of the Model 25 fall off?" that caused Daisy to go to a different style pump gun or just a marketing strategy to keep pace with competitors.

By the way, did you ever get a Daisy Model 225?

Why you would buy a new/sealed 225 and open it up? Why not just buy one that is already open if your just going to shoot it????? I've had about 9 of these guns but only lucky enough to find 1 that is new and unopened.
300+ BB/Pellet guns!
Collector of: BB Guns, Guitars, Pinball Machines & Zippo Lighters.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 8:56am

Good question PinBall; actually the plastic wrap was tattered and torn, the paperwork was somewhat soiled but the airgun was brand new.  I noted what appeared to be black paint on the tootsie roll so reached in and removed the airgun from the packaging. 

The rifle is obviously brand new, but I do not understand the apparntly black paint on the tootsie roll; could that be sloppey painting in the manufacturing process?  I don't see how since the tootsie roll had to be attached after the barrel was painted.

I looked this rifle over very carefully and it has not been repainted; if it was, it had to have been completely stirpped down and factory painted.

Oh, one more thing, I have been into the auction sites since February, 2009, and this was the first Model 225 I had seen up for auction; if there had been a used specimen I would have bid for it.

Also you might check out one of my recent posts titled  COLLECTORS FOIBLES - NON USE OF AIRGUNS; I know many collectors out there do not agree with that philosophy and I respect that, but I am not about to purchase anything and just let it sit in a box.

What do you think?

Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 10:36am

Update on the "black paint" on the tootsie roll.  Upon a more thorough inspection of the rifle I discovered that there were also some black markings on the stock adjacent to the pistol grip area, and I believe these black colorations are part of the lexon from which those plastic parts were formed.

If anyone out there has knowledge of the manufacturing process that fabricated these plastic components I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thank you.

Semper Fi
pinball-1 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 2:08pm
tootsie roll?? not sure what you mean.

I did post in the "collector section" thingy about not using/opening unopened bb guns...in my honest opinion its a sin to ruin such a sought after and rare item. There are only so many in existence and there wont ever be any more made. It's like going out and destroying a piece of history...a piece of Daisy history. Leave the collectible items to the collectors, who will cherish the item for how it is. If you want an opened gun to use, just wait, there will be one for sale sooner or later. I've waited years to find a certain gun that I've wanted, because of condition, variation, or price.
Like I said I had around 9 225's. Sold the majority of them, think I still have 3 in fair condition and 1 sealed one. I know some are out there, cause I've sold some.
300+ BB/Pellet guns!
Collector of: BB Guns, Guitars, Pinball Machines & Zippo Lighters.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2009 at 3:29pm

Pinball, again, I will always respect a differing of opinion and I have  a keen understanding of preseving the Daisy heritage because it's part of the American heritage.

"Tootsie roll" refers to the lever pump handle, it looks like a tootsie roll to me.

If a collector was interested in acquiring that Model 225 it was on that auction site for about a week; I watched it carefully and no one even bid on it.  I was determined to get it after I read an article about the Model 25 and this is what it said:

"Then in 1994, they produced a special run of the Model 225 American Legend-basically the good old classic Model 25-as a way of commemmorating the 100th Anniversary of the Model 25 itself."  I suppose that was because Daisy had  "prematurely" produced the 1986 Centennial Model 25 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Daisy Manufacturing Company.

The specimen that I have is Lot No. 93L01841 and from what I can determine that means it was manufactured in 1993, November, the 1,841st rifle to come off of the production line.

As I indicated earlier, the packaging and carton were shop-worn, the asssociated manuals and paperwork was scuffed up as though someone had stepped on them, however I still probably would have slid that rifle out of the packageing to have a close look at it and fired up a couple of rounds.

Now I have to ask, don't these airguns deteriorate while in storage?

I will give you an example: I acquired  BRAND NEW IN THE BOX a Daisy Model 25, Reg No M650869 which means it was produced in December, 1965, the 869th rifle to come off of the production line.  The box had previously been opened to photograph the rifle for the auction site; upon receipt I fired it up and guess what: the freaking BB went out with as much force as I could spit.

Naturally, I have sent it off to be resealed and when I get it back I am going to have to figure out how best to preserve it.  I have posted an article entitled PRESERVATION AND STORAGE OF AIRGUNS and hope that there are responses that will guide me in that effort.

In my mind I know that the Daisy Museum is acquiring as many specimens of the Daisy product lines that it can obtain and that is enough knowledge for my comfort zone.  If and when it is my time to cross over into some other world and if I have  unique enough specimens of Daisy's products I will ensure that they are bequeathed to said museum.

I would never argue the point about keeping specimens undisturbed in their original packaging, I am just airing my opinion.  I commend those who have the self-discipline to do that; I suppose that when I was a kid, being in the poverty zone, I like to explore and use that which I can afford to obtain.  I don't ruin or destroy things, I use and preserve them.

I do  respect and understand that serious collectors desire unblemished, unused new in the box examples of the Daisy airgun product line, and the free market aspects of our society enables them to do so.

Semper Fi
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2009 at 1:17pm

I have been searching the auction sites and have not been able to find any Daisy Model 225's listed; went to Goggle and cranked it up for a search and found nothing. 

Guess folks are holding them tight.  Anyone know what a fair price would be for a used, in reasonably good condition would fetch?

Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic