Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 Problem - Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 Problem - Need Help
    Posted: August-19-2016 at 10:36pm
I have a vintage (mid 1970s) model 25.

It shoots but quit shooting until I drowned it in ND 30Wt oil.... now it is shooting again.

The gun is much more "substantial" than its new companion 25.  Feels heavier and reminds of a
"real" gun.

It has a much louder report when shooting than the newer 25.  And a very noticeable recoil.
The front sight jumps perhaps 1 1/2 inches with recoil.

What I am wondering is whether I need to be concerned about it's recent behavior - the stopping of
proper shooting and the loud report.  I once again oiled it after shooting today and have it stored in
and upright manner.  I also put some oil down the shot tube.

I shot it about 100 shots over the last 2 days and plan to exercise it some more tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions about how I should treat the old girl.  I'd hate to ruin 'er
with good intentions.  Cry

Oh yes, I forgot.  She is a good lookin' gun - nice shape. Smile
Model 25
Model 880
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 2:50pm
Sounds like it's working just right. The newer 25's don't have near the spring size to even compare. I've never heard of a daisy being over-oiled, they just blow out the excess. They're very low maintenance and usually self-repairing when it comes to the seals. They just need a drink now and then like a lot of us.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 2:56pm
LOL, you guys crack me up; this is one of the reasons that I enjoy DTF; keep 'em coming, lads.

Semper Fi
John in New Brunswic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in New Brunswic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2016 at 3:17pm
LOL !! Settle down there, Willie !
Redleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2016 at 4:05pm
Thanks for the info - that's what I was hoping you would say.  I really like the older gal best - she is more
like a real gun than the new kid on the block.

Besides, she reminds me of my first gal friend BB gun.  A model 25 some 68 years ago......

Good gosh!  I am older than dirt!!!!Smile
Model 25
Model 880
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2016 at 6:47pm
LOL indeed. It is fun to read the posts sometimes. No malice meant there, I'm sure. It's just that the D 25 has been the same weight and size for 100 years...and has shot well under 350 fps since the 60's. 
No worries. Wink
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
geena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2016 at 3:33am
Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
Best Pre School in Lucknow, Best School in Lucknow

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic