Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 question
    Posted: July-01-2018 at 9:30pm
I have a model 25 that I got around 1957 (old address), it had a nasty habit of not shooting the last B.B. in the magazine. One of my friends shot it several times "with nothing in it" and then promptly shot me right over the eye with it from about 10 ft. Gee, is that where the empty gun stuff comes from? A while after that it shot out something other than a BB that I assume was the plunger and wouldn’t shoot anymore. Now my question, if you were going to fix this gun would you use the old leather type washers or the newer ones? Best place to get a plunger and washers? Thanks in advance
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2018 at 9:58pm
I'm thinking that it must have been the broken off air tube that came out.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2018 at 11:37pm
Bill, does your old model 25 have a plastic stock or a wood one.  If it's has a plastic stock it probably has the synthetic seals.  If it has synthetic seals, the current model 25 seals will work in your model 25.  If you want to see if the air tube broke off and came out, just unscrew the shot tube and take it out, fire the gun, then look down the barrel with a flash light to see the air tube, or insert the shot tube back in and feel if the air tube is in place. If the air tube is missing I think it has leather seals. Since it won't shoot, I would take it apart either to fix the problem, or see what the problem is and what parts are need to fix it.  My email is on my profile, I can send you a current model 25 schematic with order information on it from Daisy Outdoor Products.   Attached is a link for a model 25 service manual that is on sale on ebay.   Copy and past in your browser.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Model-25-BB-Gun-Factory-Service-Manual/163084058684?epid=1531391929&hash=item25f891403c:g:ackAAMXQKQhRHWaz
Or just google daisy service manual on ebay.
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic