Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 question
    Posted: July-02-2018 at 8:46am
I have a model 25 that I got around 1957 (old address), it had a nasty habit of not shooting the last B.B. in the magazine. One of my friends shot it several times "with nothing in it" and then promptly shot me right over the eye with it from about 10 ft. Gee, is that where the empty gun stuff comes from? A while after that it shot out something other than a BB that I assume was the plunger and wouldn’t shoot anymore. Now my question, if you were going to fix this gun would you use the old leather type washers or the newer ones? Best place to get a plunger and washers? Thanks in advance
almyjmoore View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almyjmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 8:44pm
It could be that the air tube got broken off and came out through the shot tube.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2018 at 3:16am
Yeah, the old style leather seal/rigid mounted air tube guns were known for breaking their air tubes. Pat. no. 2,758,586 for the synthetic seal and pinned 'floating' air tube outlines this problem pretty well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic