Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MODEL 25 SHOT TUBES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 1:04pm
Hi Willie, in regard to the model 25 shot tubes they work good in my older 25,s yet I was told that they will not work in all of the 25,s. I do know the older shot tube are bring as much as $75 each.  As for my self I am really glad to get the new tubes.  I hope some of the other parts enter change. And that they are available for us to get.   Fran
JOHN A BROWN
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 3:11pm
Hi John: You are correct, the new shot tubes do not work in all of the Model 25 variations; I tried one in my short throw variation and it does not fit.

However, the new Model 25 shot tubes work in my Model 99s and  Model 141 quite well, including all of my long throw Model 25s.
Semper Fi
AIRGUNNERMD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AIRGUNNERMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 3:39am
These new shot tubes look interesting, and if they are quality made, they will be a great benefit for 25 shooters.

I've got a few questions about them.
1)How is the fit at the barrel end when the shot tube is screwed all the way down.  Does it tighten down for a good, tight fit, and does it loosen up on it's own after some shooting?

2)Does it look like it's made to last or is it made of cheap material that will probably fail sooner than later?

3)Is the bore diameter the same as the older shot tubes?  Is it exactly the same, or a little bigger or smaller than original?

4)How does the weight compare with the older shot tubes?  Lighter, Heavier, the Same?

Any info is appreciated.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by AIRGUNNERMD AIRGUNNERMD wrote:

These new shot tubes look interesting, and if they are quality made, they will be a great benefit for 25 shooters.

I've got a few questions about them.
1)How is the fit at the barrel end when the shot tube is screwed all the way down.  Does it tighten down for a good, tight fit, and does it loosen up on it's own after some shooting?
   THEY TIGHTEN DOWN FOR A GOOD TIGHT FIT, ALL THE WAY DOWN.  THEY TO NOT COME LOOSE.
2)Does it look like it's made to last or is it made of cheap material that will probably fail sooner than later?
   I PURCHASED 9 OF THEM, AFTER I INITIALLY PURCHASED 6; THEY ARE OF EXCELLENT QUALITY.
3)Is the bore diameter the same as the older shot tubes?  Is it exactly the same, or a little bigger or smaller than original?
   BORE DIAMETER IS FOR THE STANDARD BB, CAL. .177
4)How does the weight compare with the older shot tubes?  Lighter, Heavier, the Same?
   NOT SURE, BUT THEY SEEM THE SAME WEIGHT, HAVE NOT BOTHERED TO WEIGH THEM
Any info is appreciated.
  THE BEST FEATURE ABOUT THESE SHOT TUBES IS THAT THEY SLIDE RIGHT IN OVER THE AIR TUBE W/O ALL THAT PESKY JIGGLING AND FIDDLING AND FOR $12 PLUS SHIPPING HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?
Semper Fi
kathykandtimk@hotmai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathykandtimk@hotmai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 5:08pm
my newly purchased shot tube does not work. I have a pre 1930 5 grove short throw pump that has a tube about 9 inches down from the muzzle that will not let the new magnetic BB retaining mechanism down to allow screwing into the receiver in the bottom of the barrel.  Daisey is closed now so I can't talk to them about a return, but is there any remedy for this?
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2019 at 11:15pm
Timothy, I think what you are hitting is the air tube.  Try cocking the gun and then screw the new shot tube in.  I tried it on a 1914-1916 model 25 and it worked and shot as it should.
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2019 at 1:02am
It can take some fiddling around to get the air tube to line up with the hole in the shot tube but it will fit eventually. Cocking the gun first is a good suggestion.  Just don't force it.

Good luck, you'll get it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic