Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 Takedown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 Takedown
    Posted: February-02-2018 at 10:37am
Can anyone tell me, when did they stop making the take-down model 25? I know the solid assembly is a new incarnation. I have the new model but am curious about others I've seen. I've seen them with/without plastic stocks, etc.

Haven't yet owned an old one but did borrow my older brother's when we were kids. Will be keeping a watchful eye though.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 2:38pm
The new 25 will 'take down' but not in quite the same way as older guns. My current production gun has a small screw not found on older models along w/the thumb screw being harder to turn. The thumb screw might be because it's still new/stiff.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 9:24pm
The modern D 25 is still a "take down" gun. It comes apart in the same way it always did. The new version has a bolt and nut instead of a take down screw but you can still unscrew the bolt and nut and pull it apart. The D 25 is remarkably similar to the gun daisy first made in 1914. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 10:09pm
I guess I assumed that without the thumb screw, the model 25 wasn't meant to be separated. I haven't had the motivation to take it apart. At any rate, when I get an older model, I will do some comparisons with its newer counterpart. I'd like to someday try to build an adult sized stock for the gun. Wider, longer, thicker, etc. Imagination is a runaway train!    
Air-It-Is
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2018 at 9:57am
The 25 is a good candidate for stock work, you don't have to worry about matching the shape of the cocking lever. Longer stocks are available for the Red Ryder and compatible guns.
Way past my woodworking ability but you could make it thicker and just narrow it down where it fits into the frame. Might even be able to adapt a shotgun butt stock to a 25? You can search the internet for custom BB Gun stocks to see what others have done.
Please post some pictures  when you do it.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic