Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 trigger
    Posted: June-07-2020 at 7:27pm
I can't seem to recall what the discussion was about a model 25 trigger that won't return on its own.   My most recent addition to my Daisy family has this affliction.   Haven't taken it apart yet.
Air-It-Is
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 12:22am
Russ , I do not know of the thread you are recalling...  But I would guess my first check would be the trigger spring.  But that is rather obvious so I figure you checked that...  based on the diagrams and my familiarity with the 25  I do not see anything else that would cause that to happen...
You have the sear or safe bar to contend with and that's about it... Common problems - the trigger spring is installed but the long leg of the trigger spring is below the safe bar it causes problems  or if the sear is above the trigger screw.  You can take the stock off and use a flashlight to look in and see if these problems are evident or at least observe what is happening with the trigger   .... Sorry no more help...
rick

Aim Straight
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 7:25am
Yeah, Rick, I kind of figured it would be a spring issue.   When I pull it apart that's the first thing I'll look for.   

It's not a bad old gun. Stock has a little warp, as expected.   I like the rear sight.   Elevation and windage adjustable.   

Thanks for the heads-up.   I'll let you know.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 2:46pm
Yup.   The spring is missing.   Thanks for the diagram!
Air-It-Is
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 10:03pm
The spring has sprung!  Glad to hear it's an easy fix.
Be Prepared
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 10:27pm
Russ....Send me an email found in my profile and I can send you a spring cheap!!!
Aim Straight
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 11:07am
Rick, thanks.   I just sent an email to you.

BSA, your sense of humor is almost as bad as mine.
Air-It-Is
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 10:37pm
Glad your trigger problem is solved (Rick to the rescue). Just a note to that--if you ever see one of these in your junk drawer DO NOT throw it away. These pictures are of the earliest trigger springs for the No. 25 pump guns. (see P1 in the diagram). 
Maybe the pics will jog someone's memory before the urge to toss it arises. As always--save the Daisys...!

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 10:37pm
ok thanks Russ   just sent spring out...Rick
Aim Straight
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 10:47pm
Jay.  Good post on the trigger spring..   I have only physically seen one of those early "Leaf" type 25 trigger springs.  and that is the one I have!   Very hard to come by.  Kinda goes with my Leather Plunger
machined head..LOL  
Here is mine.

Aim Straight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic