Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2020 at 11:47pm
So they DO exist...! Ha! glad you have it in your capable hands.  Is it the same gauge wire as the later springs, or a whole new thing? Any advantage (spring-wise) from one to the other? Hhmmm..
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 12:05am
Yes they do exist!!!  The spring is a leaf type spring made from a 1/8 inch flat wire stock and shaped like shown.  The later version of the spring is a torsion spring either straight or bent legged.  These used  round wire stock approximately .035 inch in Diameter.    My leaf spring has a definite wear area where it rested on the safe bar or was worn by the trigger sides.  I have not tried it in any of my older 25's to see if it makes any big difference in trigger pressure or sensitivity.  
SO I can not comment.
  I do sell the torsion springs on ebay.  But anyone on Daisy Forum can email me for a spring,,, at a reduced price...  Below info on the three versions of the trigger springs,,, (ignore the ebay commercials in the doc)

Aim Straight
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 12:32am
Brilliant way to put it all in a nutshell and a great service to the Daisy community. Thanks Rick!
PS--I have bought springs from you in the past--good stuff.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 12:41am
jay yes I remember you got some...   Thanks for your comments.  I have that leaf spring in my Daisy display case with a note to whoever inherits it so it will not get thrown away when I am no longer here...    It's a very hard piece of the 25 history to acquire....   Thanks for your posts.  Still want that leather plunger head you have!  LOL,   Rick
Aim Straight
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 8:23am
Great info.   I just hope I can get it in easily.   My BBs and pop cans are depending on it.   Lol
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2020 at 9:24am
Thanks again for the great photos and text! I had seen photos and drawings of the early trigger spring, but somehow the 2-piece trigger assembly went right over my head until seeing it here.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2020 at 12:38am
Mark,  That two piece trigger is also rare.... whats really funny the parts list that Jay posted, which shows the two piece trigger (trigger and sear) , the leaf spring, and a lot of other old parts... was from a tag Daisy produced and gave out with the 25's  in 1946.  The parts diagram is from 1915 and did not accurately resemble the gun they were selling in 1946.  Never could figure out why they did that...  guess they were short on money after the war and they just used what they had...   ??????
Aim Straight
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2020 at 9:57am

Would just like to mention that those early style leaf springs were available a few years ago from Jim Dry.
I got one for my circa 1916 version and it fit great.
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2020 at 11:19pm
Thanks for that bit of information zipper28!  I may be wrong about this but I'm not sure that leaf spring will work in a 25 that does not have the two part trigger assembly.  I may try that out with mine to see if that is so.  I notice the trigger sear  is formed differently between the one and two piece trigger assemblies.  
I assume your 1916 had a two piece trigger  and not a one piece..??? Be interesting to know.
Thanks,  Rick
Aim Straight
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 4:40pm

Yes it has the two piece trigger. Also has the adjustable front sight so you know it's an early one. Not sure when they switched to the other trigger and round style spring. Maybe when they went to the new frame.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic