Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 trigger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 10:48pm
Thanks for pinning the date on the two-piece trigger (adj. front sight). The early No.25 I took apart for the Early Pump Gun Disassembly thread had the one-piece trigger & straight leg spring, but the two trigger parts were held together with a (pointlessly?) wide assembly bolt. I cannot imagine why.

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2020 at 11:51pm
Jay,  Thanks for the pics of your trigger..  Never saw one with that kind of pin.  Very interesting.  I have only saw the two piece trigger and the one we are probably familiar with ( a tighter rivet).   Has to be original to your gun and one I will remember to look out for.   All these really help with the evolution of the 25 ..  Rick
Aim Straight
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 12:23am
This is getting weird. When I looked over my previous post, I noticed my trigger had three holes punched in the trigger part itself. Two holes are 'standard'--but why the third hole? I could not find another like it in my parts pile, so I checked my downloaded pictures. There I found a three-hole trigger, which (believe it or not) I think was once posted by Mark in some obscure place. Oddly, this picture seems to show a very new trigger in that configuration...? This is the picture as found.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 1:12am
I do have that photo in my files, it's not mine though. I have it listed as "25 Trigger Plymouth", and I don't remember why I saved it or where it came from originally. Of all the 25 pump gun trigger photos I have, it's the only one with the extra hole.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 10:50am
Well, after some thought this morning I dug deeper in my parts and found this item, which came as a set.
I seem to suffer from TSM (too much stuff). It appears to have been a black nickel finish, and it also demonstrates the way-too-wide assembly rivet.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2020 at 6:05pm
Another great thread- there's more here about 25 triggers than I've ever seen in any other single place!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2020 at 4:06pm
The trigger spring is in and WOO HOO!! Another model 25th is back on the road (so to speak). Thanks to all for the great information and graphics. That new spring is just what the doctor ordered.   Dr. Daisy, that is.    
Air-It-Is
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2020 at 9:52pm
Clap Way to go Russ....
Aim Straight
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 12:53am
Another success story! Save the Daisy's!Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic