Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 499 and red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2021 at 11:20am
JG Airguns has the 1938 rubber seal sets. Probably other sources, but I haven't checked.

With the single shot "poor man's 499" guns I made using a 1938B Red Ryder and a 105B Buck, removing the original repeater shot tube and replacing it with the 499B abutment and 499B abutment seal- without a rubber abutment seal like George used- worked great. One thing to watch for is that in the past Daisy has shipped 499B abutments with the seals installed backwards- and if the abutment seal is installed backwards, it will not seal worth a hoot because of the design of the seal.

Looking at it another way, I have made a 499B into a single shot flamethrower (for a Daisy BB gun) that will shoot over 420 fps, changing nothing other than replacing the stock 499B spring with a stock 1938B Red Ryder spring. So, it is my opinion that the 499B abutment seal is up to the task.
Old george View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Old george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2021 at 5:55pm
Contact Mark Cobalt 327 he has those in stock or has access to him old George
Old george View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old george Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2021 at 6:16pm
I been thinking of Silver solder plate in place I thought maybe I could do it from the inside or I do have a small Lincoln welder thinking maybe I could cut a piece of metal put it on the inside of the the barrel and intact for four places I don't know yet I haven't quite figured that part out I'll let everybody know once I get it figured out have a great day God
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic