Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 57, air soft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 57, air soft
    Posted: October-15-2020 at 1:50pm
Just took possession of a Daisy soft air Model 57...not really searching for one, but it was  included in a collection.  The gun came with 6 empty shells and a "cocking tool". Each shell has to be individually "loaded", then filled with the soft air pellet. 
The gun is a double action revolver, and everything seems to work properly, BUT...of the six shells, 3 completely misfired and the others fired the pellet about 4 feet. 
I see lots of the shells for this model on e-bay, and wonder if new shells would produce better results.  Any suggestions?
Marv, NW OH
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2020 at 8:28pm
Marvin,  the 57 is kind of a neat gun.
As you probably already know each one of those cartridges is an air chamber in itself.  I would squirt some silicone spray into them.  
I think they need lubing just like the air chambers in air guns.  Could be wrong but I think they are not lubed properly.. Also do not cock the cartridge with the shot in it.  Put it in after you cock the cartridge.
I have one new in box.  Here is the instruction manual.

Aim Straight
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2020 at 4:36pm
Rick, Thanks for the tip.  Spent an hour or more with Silicone spray can nearby and finally got three of the shells to fire with consistency. Getting about 35 or more feet...the other three shells just won't cooperate...I have 24 new shells that I will try later. Thanks...
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic