Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 717/747 left hand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 717/747 left hand
    Posted: June-27-2018 at 5:26pm
I hope this is understandable since it is my first post. I got hooked on the 880s a while back and a friend gave me a broken 717 that I fixed and have shot a little bit. I would really like to shoot it more around the house for handgun practice (I am a hand loader). I can’t shoot it with the right hand thumb rest grip on it and can’t find a source today for the left hand grips. I was wondering if anyone had a solution other than making some. Right now I have shot it enough without a left grip to know that I should have discovered it a long time ago. Started looking at this when I "overhauled"my first 880. I hope someone has a helpful answer, thanks in advance.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 5:53pm
Daisy quit stocking the left hand grips for your gun several years ago so they're no help. Allthe suppliers I usually use for OEM parts don't seem to hae them either, not LH anyway. You might be stuck with buying a custom set but they will not come cheap.
Left handed grips for a 777 or 747 will fit your gun if you replace the existing locating pin with a longer pin.

Good luck
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 5:58pm
According to the Daisy collectors guide, the model777 was made with left or right hand grips. If you could get your hands on one from that model, try them on the frame. Maybe someone out there has parts. Hard to tell just by pix.
Air-It-Is
Bill D in Virginia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 8:44am
Yes, I am hoping that someone that has more than one set or had a set and decided to make their own might be willing to part with something that I can use. Thanks for the replies to my question. I would be happy with a "butchered set" that I could work with. The right hand ones are still available from Daisy, I may be forced to modify them if nothing comes up. I am sure that I am not the first person to have this problem.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 9:08am
Hello , I have had several grips made my a genius grip maker with the name of Vernon Austin , I inquired about the 717 grips and he can make them for $65.00 with many choices of material , if you are interested email me and I can send you his link and all , hope this is of some help .  
Realshooter
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2018 at 12:34pm
I can second Dannop2 on Vernon's grips. Great quality and workmanship! I have a set.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2018 at 5:49pm
Thank you, that sounds like a fair price to me. I would welcome the information.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2018 at 10:26am
You can reach Vernon at : vaustin928@yahoo.com , he is one of the good guys .
Realshooter
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill D in Virginia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2018 at 3:45pm
Thank you so much, I have already sent him an email. Shot the gun a little today with a "homemade" left grip, very happy with it. Acquired a "parts" 747 that someone destroyed the left and right receivers halves trying to modify them for a scope mount. The left side is not available., now if could just find one of those .........thanks so much for your interest.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2018 at 9:11pm
You are most welcome , i'll keep an eye out for a " lefty " for you , those 717's are fun guns for sure .
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic